The 36th Americas Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hoping to be in NZ for the 2024 race.... I would also consider buying to boat to watch the races, nothing fancy just something that would work for races. Seems like it would need to be something that could deal with 20 knots of wind as that seems to be the upper threshold for racing. That may be an older 30-35 foot sailboat. I am thinking about something in the less than $20k USD range. Buy it, sell it, lose $3-5k on the deal, and have the adventure of a life time. Does someone have a good online site for smaller or less expensive boats in NZ?
Not an NZer, but I know www.yachthub.com.au covers NZ as well as Australia. So might it`s sister site www.boatsonline.com.au. A search for boat sales NZ will get some hits, but I think they all cover all price ranges.

Just looked at Trademe and that looks like the winner. Seems like a very good variety of boats from private sellers. I'll have to revisit this in late 2023 once we know the race area and can figure out if being a drop in "boatie" makes sense. At least this gives me and my friends something to start with.

Some trickle down of foiling technology underway down here.
Still way too vulnerable to damage to appeal to cruisers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom