35 Ponderosa aft cabin motoryacht.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatihottie

Good Morning, Window Brian here. I'm fickle and I might change boats to a, "35 Ponderosa aft cabin motoryacht".

It's not officially listed yet and I won't be able to view it till Tuesday. Why do I like the boat? The only ONE video I saw on youtube of a 35 Ponderosa aft cabin motoryacht looked GREAT. I loved the back outdoor elevated sitting area and the large aft bedroom. The inner woodwork amazing.

Now, the two photos I have of the boat looks different than the one on YouTube. The YouTube video has more exterior wood, (wood door).

Can someone share photos, videos or information on a 35 footer? I'd love to know more about the interior.

I can not find a boat with less information than this one. It's as if they only made one or two at this 35 foot size?

Attachments

• 9771(1).jpeg
    9771(1).jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
The other photo I have are these engines, Twin volvos. I dont know a thing about engines as well, (unless it's a motorcycle).

Thanks for all of your advice.

Brian

Attachments

• 9773.jpeg
    9773.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Ponderosas are good solid Taiwanese built trawlers- excellent use of space, and very seaworthy.

Volvo engines are robust, and have good support- but older Volvo parts can be spendy relative to other engine makes.

I lived on one for a year and it was very spacious. Engine room access was good but someone had carpeted the salon so it was a pain to go in that way instead of through the galley. Always was good on the water too.
I ended up with a Nova 36’ when I bought my boat which had similar layout and the diesels.

Thanks, I found two of you that know of these boats. The few listings I saw on yauchnet stated "CHB" Ponderosa. Is it a CHB?

But mine dosen't look to have exterior wood door and windows of the very few photos or videos I've seen. My photo looks like aluminum windows, (Do they look replaced)? I hought all CHBs had more wood on the outside.

I think the volvos are replaced and somewhat new?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have the Volvo TMD and they have turbos and when I bought the boat there was some question if the were working, so something to check. I like my engines but they smoke like crazy when I start them and it goes away. Mine sits for long time thp

Chb

I think they are CHB from what owner of the one I lived on says

Thanks, I found two of you that know of these boats. The few listings I saw on yauchnet stated "CHB" Ponderosa. Is it a CHB?

But mine dosen't look to have exterior wood door and windows of the very few photos or videos I've seen. My photo looks like aluminum windows, (Do they look replaced)? I hought all CHBs had more wood on the outside.

I think the volvos are replaced and somewhat new?

CHB (Chung Hwa) made a lot of boats with different labels on them such as Marine Traders and Ponderosa. You can probably tell when you look at the electrical panel. Many of the CHBs had wood windows that leaked and were replaced by their owners down the road a few years. The doors also leaked and didn't keep out the weather well and were also replaced. Most likely, one of the owners had substantial improvements made to the boat.

Back
Top Bottom