3 Day Trip, Stuart to Daytona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really. My wife stuffed the head with TP.

I have two daughters I had to train out of the same thing! Best thing possible - hard to enforce - is roll up TP and Baggie it in trash. Sounds unpleasant, but so is un-jamming a head or macerator pump. Plus we flush the system with fresh and a little mixed in bleach each pump out.

Better to have a swimming pool fragrance than sewer.

I have two daughters I had to train out of the same thing! Best thing possible - hard to enforce - is roll up TP and Baggie it in trash. Sounds unpleasant, but so is un-jamming a head or macerator pump. Plus we flush the system with fresh and a little mixed in bleach each pump out.

Better to have a swimming pool fragrance than sewer.

Yea, the smell has been rather unpleasant.

The guys are in there now replacing the vacuum head. Keeping my fingers crossed...

This guy is following awfully close...

ForumRunner_20130709_155157.jpg

Yea, the smell has been rather unpleasant.

The guys are in there now replacing the vacuum head. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Our heads are traditional hand pump. Have thought at times to convert at least one to electrical or whatever the sanitizing model is.

Also - have heard - on this board that an ozone generator can kill a host of organic smells. But there are various opinions as to the safety because ozone can be a hazardous gas. Some people use, some not. I haven't yet bought one, but have the thought.

Use fast dissolving RV TP and it won't clog a macerator....unless you REALLY try to.

Vacuflush is a different story...they can be finicky depending on the install..such as length of run to vacuum tankand the amount of water that gets flushed along with it.

Use fast dissolving RV TP and it won't clog a macerator....unless you REALLY try to.

Yes - this (REALLY trying to clog it) is the practice of teen-aged girls. (Really want to leave it at that without getting any more technical :whistling: ). Clogging the macerator and holding tank. I have warned the next clog I will hand them the rubber gloves for their work shift. Somehow, putting the rubber gloves in their sight has also fixed the clogs. :angel:

Amazing!

I've always written/spelled out the desired lettering for the painter so there is less room for error. This is no place for verbalizing. Even then, goofs are to be expected.

img_167400_0_c680001c05bd2a02008523aad5b9fdab.jpg

I was running her at 3000, up on plane, running 15.5 knots and computer saying 20 GPH.

Planning on running up to Titusville tomorrow staying at the municipal marina if they have an open slot.

Taking a taxi over to Dixie Crossroads.

Then up into Daytona Friday.

Gotta figure out the fuel manifold so we are drawing from both tanks. Unfortunately my close up vision sucks after cataract and retina attachment surgeries.

She was listing and not handling well the more fuel was burnt.

Hopefully this blow will calm down, this is a very narrow marina and I would prefer to turn her around rather than back her out since the entry channel is so narrow.

I'm quickly finding that I'm gonna have to do most of the required work myself after being down with the engines.

We found that NoFlex Digester (Noflex Digestor) generally keeps the stench at bay and keeps the sludge from building up in hoses and tank. Will dissolve any sludge that is already there as well. We use 2 teaspoons per day and it keeps everything nice and clean.

Marty....................

Came into Titusville marina in the middle of a storm. Heavy rain, wind and lighting. It wasn't pretty.

Did you make it to Daytona today? Weather report was sketchy.

Did you make it to Daytona today? Weather report was sketchy.

Made it in yesterday. Hit that severe weather coming into New Smyrna Beach. Couldn't see past the bow it was raining so hard. Turned around by the yacht club and hugged the edge of the channel for about 45 minutes. I wasn't depending on the GPS to get us through the bridges and not being able to see if someone had stopped in the channel.

We are home today and still have sea legs...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom