2m repeaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pieyed47

Are the 2 meter repeaters still being used along the inside passage along Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska?
Thanks JD

Just Google 2m repeaters and your location, they will show up.

de N6***
General Class

Are the 2 meter repeaters still being used along the inside passage along Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska?
Thanks JD
JD:. There is a 2m repeater net active in the summer months on the Inside Passage from WA through Central BC. See http://www.bcbn.ca. The net comes alive at happy hour (1700 hours) daily. The net uses Vancouver Island's series of 2M repeaters. We've operated through the net from as far north as Cape Caution, south to Admiralty Inlet and along most if Vancouver Island's west coast. Above Cape Caution, the 75M SSB nets are active all the way up through northern BC and SE Alaska.

Alex

In addition to the previously mentioned (and excellent) summer BC Boaters net, others with which I'm familiar include the daily 9AM net on the 146.68 repeater at Chemainus, BC, the daily 9AM & 9PM nets on 146.96 repeater on Queen Anne hill in Seattle, and the daily boaters' weather net on 146.96, which operates year-round at 0747AM local and is conducted by the Seattle Yacht Club.

There are others, but these seem to be typically very active.

In addition to the previously mentioned (and excellent) summer BC Boaters net, others with which I'm familiar include the daily 9AM net on the 146.68 repeater at Chemainus, BC, the daily 9AM & 9PM nets on 146.96 repeater on Queen Anne hill in Seattle, and the daily boaters' weather net on 146.96, which operates year-round at 0747AM local and is conducted by the Seattle Yacht Club.

There are others, but these seem to be typically very active.

Thanks for the come back. After seeing these posts, I think I will install a 2m radio in my boat, as I will be bringing it to the Pacific Northwest soon. Again thank you all.
JD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom