2020 Bottom Job prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the local DIY yards are really strict about any sanding done on bottom paint. I have heard some require tenting the boat and also using a vacuum attachment. Plus a respirator is needed, of course.
Yes, the big risk with sanding bottom paint is getting it all over your boat. Sean uses a very powerful shop vac with a 25' umbilical. He still wears a tyvek suit and respirator, but the vac seems to get it all. I'm sure mother nature is happy about that as well.

Ted

Not sure about Michigan, but it is not uncommon for strictly lake boats here to not be bottom painted. They get an easy to brush off slim, but no barnacles. Do the Great Lakes boats grow barnacles or something else that requires bottom paint?

We get grass and muscles here.

For Sea Ray 560: $2,571.00, includes Round trip lift, pressure wash, cradle, basic sanding, and two coats of premium bottom paint.

Not sure about Michigan, but it is not uncommon for strictly lake boats here to not be bottom painted. They get an easy to brush off slim, but no barnacles. Do the Great Lakes boats grow barnacles or something else that requires bottom paint?

No barnacles on the great lakes, but plenty of slime and other crap. Some zebra / quagga mussels too. Basically the only boats I see around here (Lake Ontario) without bottom paint are those that live on trailers. Anything that stays in the water gets paint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom