Old 12-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #21

City: Carrollton, Va
Congratulations! I hope you get years of pleasure and enjoyment out of it!

SaltyDawg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #22
Guru

City: Melbourne, FL
The plywood plug is usually cut up after the mold is made, sometimes to get it out of the mold.

stubones99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #23

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
I think those are just molds. You would have to ask Trevor. Call North Pacific Yachts and ask for Trevor Brice. If you look at the ceiling of my wheel house it's all aluminum beams.

Cheers
Old 12-22-2017, 11:27 PM   #24

Got all the hardware up on the flybridge roof, the tender canvas and the name on the transom. She's looking pretty good. No list either!
Attached Thumbnails
Back of Boat.jpg   Font on Transome.jpg  
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #25
Guru

City: Birch bay wa
Vessel Name: Rogue
Vessel Model: North Pacific 42
Looking god Doc, I am surprised that the radar was not mounted higher. Sunny an chilly here today..
Rebel112r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #26
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
DD

Is vessel stabilized for those thousands of miles of offshore work?
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #27
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
What a beaut, David! Looking fwd to some interior and ER pics.

Congrats on your successes and retirement! Nice reward.

Holler if you see us on the water or are planning a delta excursion and would like an accompanying vessel on an anchor out.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #28

I don't have many interior shots. I only have what has been texted to me. The one time that I went up to Bellingham to visit the boat it was full of boxes. Here are a couple.
Attached Thumbnails
Stainless Tiles.jpg   Swimstep railings.jpg   Consol Finished.jpg   Electric Pannels.jpg   Bath.jpg  

TV Stateroom2a.jpg   Guest Bed L.jpg   Guest Bed R.jpg   NP45 Wheel House Bunk.jpg   NP45 MASTER BED.jpg  

Old 12-24-2017, 08:28 PM   #29
Guru

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Very nice. Iím jealous...
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #30

This is the salon as it was setup for a show. It's the only picture I have of the salon. The TV is a promo pic that I found. Mine does the same. It pops up from a cabinet so you don't have to see it all of the time. Pretty cool. I wonder how long it will take for the motor that raises it to break. No TV on that day.
Attached Thumbnails
Solon.jpg   TV in NP45 promo.jpg  
Old 12-27-2017, 01:04 AM   #31

Here are some more assorted pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Flybridge2.jpg   Swimstep railings.jpg   NP45 Master.jpg   NP45 Engine room.jpg   NP45 engine room2.jpg  

Cockpit.jpg   Lazarette.jpg   Solon TV.jpg   Washer:Dryer.jpg   Galley Counter.jpg  

Old 01-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #32

The electronics have been taking some time. A lot of wires to be pulled! Here are a few more helm and solon pics. The solon is still a mess. Dave sent me a pic of one of the recliners that I'm looking forward to trying since they are message chairs.
Attached Thumbnails
electronics_cropped (1).jpg   Helm Chair.jpg   recliner.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #33

Here's a better pic of the helm screens. It's starting to look more like the cockpit of a passenger jet. I love technology.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
electronics2.jpg  
Old 01-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #34
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Looking great!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #35

City: PNW
boat show

DD, I have always wondered, since your boat is obviously not for sale, are you compensated for having the manufacturer use your boat as a sales tool in a boat show, or are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?
Stabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabi View Post
DD, I have always wondered, since your boat is obviously not for sale, are you compensated for having the manufacturer use your boat as a sales tool in a boat show, or are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?
Hi Stabi,

Trevor has been more than fair with me by throwing in niceties here and there. Upgrading equipment for free etc. It also is not uncommon for boat mfg to ask the owners of new boats if they would mind letting them show the boat even bringing potential buyers aboard to look at the boat. I did the same thing with my last boat, which was a Carver. When I first started looking at NP there was no inventory to look at so we met down in San Diego and looked at a boat that was privately owned. The owner even asked me if I wanted to have him take it out.

It's very common. I'm sure there are people who don't show their boats. It doesn't hurt to be on the MFG's good side either!

Cheers!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:09 AM   #37

I just spent almost 4 weeks on the boat. 10 days at the Seattle boat show which, was an experience. 4 days getting there and back and 3 days at the dock before and after and 4 days driving so that's actually 3 weeks on the boat. A few of you Trawler Forum folks stopped by and said hello. That was an unexpected pleasure, Hi Reb, Bob and Dan. I apologize if I forgot someone. My memory these days is not what it used to be. It was fun getting to know Trevor. He has more energy and I found out that he is a big game bow hunter - in the snow for days! He is a bad ass! The bilge keels performed very well on the way from Bellingham to Seattle. We got in to some 3-5' chop, some beam seas etc. and she acted like it was a fairly calm day. I couldn't be more pleased with the boat. I still want to see how she does in following seas. The trip and the boat show gave me plenty of time to crawl around the engine compartment, pull all of the floor hatches and generally take a good look under the covers. I didn't discover anything that was questionable as far as quality of the fit and finish. As a matter of fact I became more impressed with the boat the closer I looked and the more that I used it. I even tried out the washer/drier and it worked fine. I've heard complaints about the drying time. Since the washing and drying is done in the same machine the drier is of course the same size as the washing machine. Separate dryers are typically twice the size as the washer so they dry faster. You gain space but loose drying time. Ya gain something and you loose something else. Such is life. I ran three loads of laundry and it worked like a charm. Someone at the show asked me if I could redo anything about the boat what would it be? It was a great question and I was truly stumped for a while but I did think of one thing. I would like a bigger cockpit. The answer to that issue is buy the NP49. Everything is bigger but I don't want a bigger boat so I guess I wouldn't change anything. Oh, the two recliners that you see in the picture were the hit of the show. I had several people declare the NP45 the nicest boat at the show. So many people just said Wow when they walked in. No kidding. I can't take credit for that. That's all Trevor.
Attached Thumbnails
Boat @ Shilshoe2_cropped (1).jpg   Bow @ Shilshoe.jpg   Port-Aft @Shilshoe2.jpg   Solon2.jpg   Monterey pic2.jpg  

Davit & Tender.jpg   Dinnet & TV.jpg   Wheel house bunk.jpg   Master.jpg  
Old 02-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Didnít know bilge keels were an option on NPís Did you have them installed at the factory?
godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #39
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Beautiful boat! Happy for you!
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #40
Guru

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Looks very nice. I would not own a boat that did not have space for 2 recliners. I am also curious about the bilge keels.

Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote