2003 Mainship 390 Bow Thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Byekurman

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Seawood
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
My bow thruster solenoid/relay on my 2003 390 is acting up, inconsistent function. I think the relay is located under and at the head of my main berth. Has anyone had to replace this? Any input on replacing this device would be appreciated. Any part numbers and cost would also be appreciated. Thanks to a great resource group!

I am not familiar with your setup but I had to replace the solenoid that actually puts power to the cables for my anchor windlass. It cost about $50 but I didn’t get it from a marine parts supplier. Formula sent me the part number and said they sold them for $80 but if I went to a different source they had them for under $50.

My main ship 400 started acting up at the end of the season. After some investigating it needed brushes. The PO must of relied on it heavy. After I replaced them and gave it a good cleaning it worked better than it ever did.

Thinback

The brushes are a possibility, thanks. What is the manufacturer of the factory bow thruster? Brushes purchased where?

My bow thruster solenoid/relay on my 2003 390 is acting up, inconsistent function. I think the relay is located under and at the head of my main berth. Has anyone had to replace this? Any input on replacing this device would be appreciated. Any part numbers and cost would also be appreciated. Thanks to a great resource group!
the thruster is a sleipner 90 and access is given once you remove the stateroom mattress, there is then an obvious hatch that opens from the bow aft, If you have not been in there you have never checked the fluid, the reservoir is in the hatch above the thruster and is probably low, you need to refill with EP90 oil, I do not recall seeing a relay in there,

My boat had a side power, I order the brushes direct from them, it was about 4 years ago. I don’t remember the exact price maybe 300. It had 4 total brushes, boat was a 2007. I think they went to a two brush model on newer thrusters. I was able to remove the thruster by myself. Putting it back in took and extra set of hands to line everything up. On my 400 it was a long reach down from the bed platform.

Cartouche,
Thanks for the information. What year was the 390 that the sleipner 90 thruster was on?

Cartouche,
Thanks for the information. What year was the 390 that the sleipner 90 thruster was on?
2002 Same specs as yours Sleipner (Side power - Imtra) all the same unit picture attached of reservoir

Attachments

• 20190420_140110.jpg
    20190420_140110.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom