2 Stern Lights....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two other sections from the COLREG’s are pertinent to this discussion.

CERTIFICATE of ALTERNATIVE COMPLIANCE, 33 CFR 81, 89, which discusses the procedure required to obtain official permission to deviate from the normal rules, including lighting. An email from a Coastie on FB does not suffice.

And PENALTY PROVISIONS, 33 USC 2072, which states, “Whoever operates a vessel in violation of this chapter, or of any regulation issued there under, or in violation of a certificate of alternative compliance issued under Rule 1 is liable to a civil penalty of not more than $5,000 for each violation.”

Being that OP’s proposed lighting scheme is inconsistent with the standards outlined in the COLREG’s, the only way to ensure OP is legal would be to apply for, and receive, a Certificate of Alternative Compliance.

Otherwise he is subject to the Penalty Provisions.

Two other sections from the COLREG’s are pertinent to this discussion.

CERTIFICATE of ALTERNATIVE COMPLIANCE, 33 CFR 81, 89, which discusses the procedure required to obtain official permission to deviate from the normal rules, including lighting. An email from a Coastie on FB does not suffice.

And PENALTY PROVISIONS, 33 USC 2072, which states, “Whoever operates a vessel in violation of this chapter, or of any regulation issued there under, or in violation of a certificate of alternative compliance issued under Rule 1 is liable to a civil penalty of not more than $5,000 for each violation.”

Being that OP’s proposed lighting scheme is inconsistent with the standards outlined in the COLREG’s, the only way to ensure OP is legal would be to apply for, and receive, a Certificate of Alternative Compliance.

Otherwise he is subject to the Penalty Provisions.

Yes, welcome to the forum. However, may I refer you back to my post #120 last page..?

Let's think about, after a nap.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 23
For a couple of pages I thought I was on The Hull Truth...then I saw RFT's monkey meme. Oh...good...whew....I'm on the correct site...

Anyone up for a Christmas "Extra Stern Light" poll?? Nah, didn't think so....

Back
Top Bottom