19th Supreme Court Invoked/Jumping Ship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Insane....The CG should arrest the tugs, take them to shore, if they feel they're a danger, not the crew.

It's amazing how old laws and rulings are pulled out when convenient, like the one limiting damages in loss of life to crew.

While I would agree that the Coast Guard should arrest the vessel, where to tie them up, who to oversee them, and who is responsible and liable, becomes the issue. Likely the USCG lacks the facility, experience and manpower. Can the USCG require a facility (commercial dock) to accept them (what about payment) and the associated responsiblity and liability?

Ted

While I would agree that the Coast Guard should arrest the vessel, where to tie them up, who to oversee them, and who is responsible and liable, becomes the issue. Likely the USCG lacks the facility, experience and manpower. Can the USCG require a facility (commercial dock) to accept them (what about payment) and the associated responsiblity and liability?

Ted

The CG accepts it until it's auctioned or otherwise taken by an owner and costs reimbursed. Has to work through the courts. And I'd hope those responsible never get to own an other boat. I'm disgusted by these businesses shutting down and leaving people stranded. No excuse for not having an orderly shut down. Not like they don't know they're in trouble. Leaving employees unpaid is horrible. Payroll should come first. I've heard all the excuses too many times but don't buy any of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom