Old 04-19-2021, 08:03 PM   #1

City: Green Bay
Vessel Name: Paulie Sue & Jimmy II
Vessel Model: Wellcraft 3200 Martinique
1987 Chung Hwa Europa 34

Looking to purchase my first Trawler. This is a single engine and would like to know you feel about a single vs a twin. I have twins now in my 1995 Wellcraft but they are gassers. Are you comfortable with having only one engine. The boat has bow and stern thrusters.

I would appreciate any advice on the single TAMD 31a Volvo 130 hp turbo engine. The current owner just completed the Great Loop last fall and now has 3959 hours on the engine. I also have engine oil samples that were taken at the oil change before the boat was rapped for the past winter.

Any other advice from the items listed below that have been addressed would also be appreciated.

The current owner also sent me the survey he did when he purchased the boat in 2018. They recently purchased a trailerable Ranger tug and that is why they are selling the Trawler.

Here is the list of noted items from the current owners log book.

Here's the service records I found in my logbooks:

Started out from Detroit Michigan with fresh Engine oil change June 22 2018 at 2888.7 hours

July 15 2018 Had Hi Seaseas Marina top off fuel tanks winterize the boat and put Sea Lord in indoor storage. Hi Seas replaced the cutlass bearing and did a motor alignment. I changed the motor oil, generator oil (96hrs) and transmission oil at 2956 hrs

June 1-July 3 2019 replaced all fuel lines, fuel filters, impellers on both motor and generator, fresh water pump and all fresh water lines. Left on the loop July 4th.

August 4th 2019 in Grand Haven Michigan we replaced 2 house batteries and 1 starting battery. Added new washdown pump.

September 3rd 2019 at Hammond Indiana we added AIS radio and antenna.

September 7th added aft freezer at Illinois valley yacht club in Pioria

September 17th 2019 replaced stern thruster fluid and filter in Grafton Illinois

October 1st 2019 replaced engine oil 3182 hours at Green Turtle Marina also changed both engine impeller and generator impeller.

October 19th 2019 replaced all the belts in Florence Alabama

October 29th change transmission fluid at 3273 hours also added diesel heater in Corinth Mississippi

November 3rd replaced alternator with upgraded 80 amp Columbus Mississippi

November 13th replaced mechanical fuel pump with electric in Demopolis

November 19th through December 19th pulled Sea Lord out of the water in Mobile Alabama to install new cutlass bearings and make new drive shaft fitted with new coupler and flex coupler. Inspected prop balanced good. Order new motor mounts and shipped to carrabelle Florida. Added 360 watts solar panels, controller and forth battery. Changed engine zinc's and added prop Zinc and rudder zinc.

December 21st 2019 changed engine oil at 3377 hours and change generator oil at 122 hours. Replace motor mounts and added macerator in carrabelle Florida.

January 14th 2020 added 150 feet of anchor chain in Naples Florida

January 24th added 200 Watts solar flex panels in Marathon Florida

April 2nd 2020 changed engine oil at 3523 hours. Changed engine zinc's Brunswick Georgia

June 26th 2020 warranty exchanged one of the house batteries in Silverton New Jersey

July 28th changed engine oil at 3777 hours and changed Volvo water pump impeller New Baltimore New York

August 17th 2020 changed genset oil 187 hours

September 5th 2020 changed engine oil at 3959 hours and winterized in Oconto Wisconsin.

The current owner has also sent me proof if items fixed also noting that they media blasted the boat and gave it 4 barrier coats and 4 coats of ablative anti foul.

Thanks for your help. I have been reading and learning.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 16357M07949-E-I-518939-Sev1.pdf (100.3 KB, 8 views)
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:51 PM   #2
Guru

City: Windmill Harbour, Hilton Head Island, SC
Vessel Name: River Girl
Vessel Model: 2004 DeFever 49 RPH
Single with both thrusters is the perfect set up for me. In that size boats, any maintenance on stuff outboard to engines is a major PITA with twins.
Flatswing is offline   Reply With Quote