1985 Californian CPMY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camors

Vessel Name
Adventure Bay
Vessel Make
1985 Californian 43' CPMY
I came upon this forum in a search for information on fresh water pluming on my boat. I am a new member and glad to be part of the group. The issue is that I have a water leak that manifest itself on the port side of the salon. As best I can tell there is a water line that runs floor lever behind the salon bulkhead and it drips into the engine room. One option is to cut an access port in the area of the leak and commence repairs of the line. If anyone has any experience with this issue your comments or suggestions are welcome.

I've had several leaks that required fixing. I ended up using Sharkbite slip-on fittings. You will need an adapter fitting that allows connecting polybutylene (the gray tubing) to PEX. Then it's just a matter of cutting out the leaking section and putting in a short section of PEX. Trust me, you will get good at these repairs. All the needed materials are available at Home Depot.

Cheers, Bill

Welcome to TF. Good to see you're already getting some help. :flowers:

Welcome aboard. Are you sure it is the water system or could it be just a leak from outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom