14 hard years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Wow...amazing what can happen to a boat in 14 years.

Anybody know the history of this Great Harbour N37 after it made the journey from Mexico to Hawaii in 2003? All I could find out is that it was used by the University of Hawaii for ocean research, and was also chartered out occasionally.

Almost looks like it got rolled around in the surf zone, and then was closed up tight in the tropical heat judging from the stains on the walls and the heap of rust under the vice in the engine room.

2003 Great Harbour Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Whatever the reason, it's in need of some tender loving care!

Wow! 213K? It's got a long road back to that money.

Yup...should be a little wiggle room on that asking price.

It would show better without the canvas.

A friend of mine had a similar solution. His wife decided he had too many hobbies so needed to downsize by one(Cliff's Notes version). He agreed and put his classic pickup for sale priced at $44,500/OBO

His wife is happy as he acquiesced to her request and put one of his toys up for sale.

He's happy because she stopped harping on him and if his truck sells for that price it would be almost three times what the truck is worth.

Sad shape for sure. Maybe a little commercial fishing also? Several on here have GH boats and are familiar with the story.

Greetings,
She's been rode hard and put away wet more than once I'm thinking...

200.gif

That's pitiful. Why even post pics like that?? The broker is doing an awful job.

They're selling it for $200k but can't spend a $1000 on a wash, wax and detail?

It's $87,000 less than the closest N37 asking price on yacht world. That'll pay for a lot of scub brushes, but what has to be replaced?

Wonder if that giant residential-looking refrigerator is only 110v. Kind of odd looking for a boat like that. Listing just says "reefer."

Last edited:
Apologies in advance if you're from there, but honestly this is about par for the course in Hawaii, in my experience. Not much professionalism either provided to - or expected by - the haoles.

It's $87,000 less than the closest N37 asking price on yacht world. That'll pay for a lot of scub brushes, but what has to be replaced?

most of the interior, all the electronics, I will bet the genset and the main are a hunk of rust too. its not worth 100k in my book.

Also keep in mind pics ALWAYS make a boat look better than it actually is..

a real shame.
HOLLYWOOD

That upper helm station is a real treat. He must be proud of his own handiwork showing it off with 7 photo's.

Don't know this for a fact but the closest N37 on YW appears to be rebuilt. Suspect it was formerly Esmeralda before it was very badly damaged by Hurricane Matthew in St Augustine. It never sank but there was a lot of damage.

Interesting that it has forward swept wheel house with windshield wipers an no lower helm. A lot of aspects of that boat look like a converted fishing charter.

It was built like that from the factory I believe. Not sure what the appeal was for a fishing/research vessel in HI that was built in FL.

Interesting that it has forward swept wheel house with windshield wipers an no lower helm. A lot of aspects of that boat look like a converted fishing charter.

I thought I was the only one noticing, no lower helm.

That's pitiful. Why even post pics like that?? The broker is doing an awful job.

They're selling it for $200k but can't spend a $1000 on a wash, wax and detail?

Maybe it was the intent of the broker to show the boat's sad shape?
"IF you make an offer, it just might be accepted."

After about 30 seconds of Googling...

Ho'okele – UH Marine Operations
School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology650 × 488Search by image
The Ho'okele (Hawaiian for “Navigator”) is a Great Harbor N37 Trawler, built in 2002. It arrived in Hawaii in 2003 after a two-week crossing from Mexico and ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom