12 Step Program for DAS (Dinghy Acquisition Syndrome)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
I've got to find me a rehab clinic! :banghead: This is the 3rd one in 5 years. :facepalm:

This is a Trinka 10 rowing and sailing dinghy. There's nothing wrong with your monitor or smartphone, it's butt ugly purplish blue. :confused:

20200901_150532.jpg

20200901_150942.jpg

It should have been free for what I'm about to invest in it.

Sean will be painting the hull Awlgrip Ice Blue to match.
New Epropulsion Spirit 1.0 plus electric outboard .
New Shaw and Tenney spoons (oars), and accessories.
And who knows what else..... :nonono:

I guess I should take solace in that the addiction is far cheaper than swapping trawlers. :rolleyes:

Ted

I LIKE purple . . . but maybe not that shade. Look on the positive side, keep the color, and it'll be easy to spot if it's stolen!:D

I've got to find me a rehab clinic! :banghead: This is the 3rd one in 5 years. :facepalm:

This is a Trinka 10 rowing and sailing dinghy. There's nothing wrong with your monitor or smartphone, it's butt ugly purplish blue. :confused:

View attachment 107365

View attachment 107366

It should have been free for what I'm about to invest in it.

Sean will be painting the hull Awlgrip Ice Blue to match.
New Epropulsion Spirit 1.0 plus electric outboard .
New Shaw and Tenney spoons (oars), and accessories.
And who knows what else..... :nonono:

I guess I should take solace in that the addiction is far cheaper than swapping trawlers. :rolleyes:

Ted

Start drinking and bring PBR to the February get together and it will be paid for if you drop the craft beer. Plus Jack won't be there this year to drink your share. :D

Is this to go on Slow Hand or some hobby work?

Yeah, to each his own on the color, but the Trinka herself is splendid.

I feel your pain; I'm a motorcyclist and have suffered from Multiple Bike Disorder for years....

Is this to go on Slow Hand or some hobby work?

Use to kayak quite a bit from Slow Hand, mostly exploring when anchored out. I have some shoulder muscle problems that won't get better, and make long distance kayaking impossible. Rowing seems to be ok, although pushing the oar down to get the blade out of the water isn't as easy with my left arm. This will give me the ability to go exploring and switch propulsion between oars and the electric outboard. Hoping it will be sufficient for dinghy usage also.

Ted

Ann always wanted one of these, and she loves purple. So when you move on to the next one, let me know.

Start drinking and bring PBR to the February get together and it will be paid for if you drop the craft beer. Plus Jack won't be there this year to drink your share. :D

With both Jack and Al not coming, I can cut the the beer acquisition in half. But then with Lena coming, the hard cider procurement will be up.

Ted

Ann always wanted one of these, and she loves purple. So when you move on to the next one, let me know.

Might be a while. With crap oars, she was a pleasure to row.

Ted

Hell I suffer from Fast cars, pretty women, and boats. If I eleiminated those from my life, I would be a "rich" man.....but alas.......

PS....I love the color!!!

Like "Tim the Toolman, Taylor" said. "I know I have a car addiction, I should probably check into the Henry Ford Institute"
Well put my friend,

pete

Nice! Do you have the sailing rig? I had one for years, sails really well. Enjoy!

Nice! Do you have the sailing rig? I had one for years, sails really well. Enjoy!

Yes, I have the sailing rig. It's on my list of things to go through. Boats 20+ years old. The sailing stuff needs new lines and the sectional mast needs some TLC where it goes together. As with everything else in boating, I need to figure out where the sectional mast could live on the trawler.

Ted

I LIKE purple . . . but maybe not that shade. Look on the positive side, keep the color, and it'll be easy to spot if it's stolen!:D

Better yet, leave it that color and it won’t get stolen. :D

Back
Top Bottom