Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
“TF, Is One Cool Boating Forum”

“TF, Is One Cool Boating Forum”

Seems clear to me...

If you have a specific make/model of boat and you want specific info having to do with your craft then go to the forum that is specifically for your boat. Such as: Tollycraft forum, Grand Banks forum, Hatteras forum, Chris Craft forum, Bayliner forum, Fleming forum – and the like (some sites have different nomenclature than “forum”... such as “owner site”... etc)

I believe we all should appreciate the eclectic group of contributors and various style boat owners that frequent our Trawler Forum. It’s a community that shares levels of ideas and new thoughts. TF provides opportunity for insightful debates, straight-on common sense, actual boat-worthy recommendations, ageless mariner suggestions, and some good ol’ word fights between smart and some not so clever contestants. What more could we ask for in a forum that is nearly 100% filled with active and some not so active boaters of many backgrounds, experience, and ages?

Now...; May I Mention: If anyone (myself included) does not like the banter and/or intelligence/stupidity that may be entered and shared on any section/thread/post TF offers - - > in an instant we can go to our brand boat’s specific forum and wonder where TF’s excitement went!?!? Cause, the specific boat-brand forums simply to not provide the openly-interactive thread/post capabilities of TF. You could say that the specific forums are reasonably accurate in the posted questions/answers/statements but rather devoid of excitement or mind bending (thought provoking / mentally challenging) statements (i.e, many forums are pretty darn dull); whereas TF is not always accurate but usually pretty darn interesting!

I appreciate TF's depth of confabs... Just sayen!

This thread is a basic continuation regarding” Best Trawler Websites... a thread/discussion that was for some reason closed!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
And here's to the members who don't like this sort of thing...

Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Too many off topic and meaningless pictures. But, sigh, I did like the one of Marilyn.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Enigma

Greetings,
Mr. sunchaser. That is a Marilyn look-alike.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
While I don't own a trawler I do like hanging out here because of the collective knowledge of the TF members. There's a lot to be learned here and I appreciate that.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Guru

City: Biloxi, MS
Vessel Name: Cajun Rose
Vessel Model: Biloxi Lugger
I for one apologize for lowering the intelligence curve here are the TF, but I do agree, it's a great place to learn and debate with great folks.
swampu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Enigma

Greetings,
Mr. s. Au contraire, there are VERY few on TF who lower the intelligence??? level. I have followed YOUR Cajun Rose rebuild with great interest. Mr. GFC. So what you don't have a "trawler". By some definitions, neither do I.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
Guru

City: somewhere
Personally I have gotten some excellent advice on a number of topics that isn't obtainable anywhere else.

Thank you
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Guru

City: Salvador - BA
Vessel Name: Rainha Jannota
Vessel Model: Curruira 46
...Señores Art, RT and All:

More than anybody here, probably, I am the one who lately has benefit more from this Web Site.
I am building a boat, my "Ultimate Trawler", and by the knowledge grabbed in here I have made up or change my mind about several issues that I had previously taken for granted.
One think is what is market as "good for", the other is what we learn here as most efficient. In all aspects of a boat, i mean

If we were to change the name of this Forum, the logical option would RBLF

Real Boat Lovers Forum

here's my 2 cents
Portuguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #10
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I agree, Art. I see TF much like a group of guys sitting around a table having a conversation. Sometimes the question gets answered, sometimes the conversation takes off on a tangent, sometimes a series of jokes and laughs get interjected into the middle, sometimes disagreements occur and the subject gets changed.

But in the end, knowledge is shared, friendships are made, humor is enjoyed and the boating life is celebrated.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
Since joining some time ago and lurking, then posting, and and now for my 133rd post, I'd like to say I thoroughly enjoy the banter on TF. The advice and opinions are interesting and valuable.

I try not to say anything on any internet forum that I wouldn't say to a persons face sitting around a campfire.

Thanks to the moderators and folks that run this madhouse.
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
As one of the volunteers tasked to try and keep members happy around here, I agree. I have been helped so much by so many different people that I can't imagine boating without you guys in my pocket. However, so many threads digress to the same few making the same points over and over and over. Then, it quickly sinks to personal insults and the original topic of the thread has not only been lost, but there is not even any more participation in the thread except the few that can't have a civil discussion.

I too enjoy the gentle and good-intentioned banter. Also, the occasional funny off-topic picture. As a mod team, we will normally let the stuff that is in good fun go and our apologies if some don't always appreciate it. We encourage members to take an active roll in keeping things friendly and to steer TF to what you, the members, want TF to ultimately be. We apologize if things get by us or if the experience here isn't always the best it can be. Trust me, we spend a lot of time talking to each other about it and some of our decisions are not always popular or what you might think they should be, but there is a very grey area we have to deal with sometimes.

Like I said, I can't imagine boating without having TF as my #1 place to work out issues, learn about boats, or just dream about trips I have yet to take. You guys are fantastic.

Tom-
Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
Enigma

Wha'do yer mean "off-topic picture?"

Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #14
Veteran Member

City: Stuart
Vessel Name: Caretta
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Sedan
RT, you certianly have a way of keeping folks from taking things too serious!..I like that...
MYMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
Guru

City: somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYMT View Post
RT, you certianly have a way of keeping folks from taking things too serious!..I like that...
I second that!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
I don't see where that is off-topic at all. ;-)
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
Guru

City: Philadelphia
Vessel Name: Dreamers Holiday
Vessel Model: Mainship 390
RT, looks pretty much like our dock on Saturday night
John
johnma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
FF
Guru

What you find on the internet is OPINIONS,

comparing opinions and deciding which is the most useful/rational to you is the key .
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #19
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampu View Post
I for one apologize for lowering the intelligence curve here are the TF, but I do agree, it's a great place to learn and debate with great folks.
I'm with the Swamp on this one. I like to think that I'm just hanging out, having a beer with a bunch of boat guys. I don't really know enough about boats to have a defensible opinion about anything, and I'm here because many TF members are actually "doing" what I want to "do" with their lives.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
I'm with the Swamp on this one. I like to think that I'm just hanging out, having a beer with a bunch of boat guys. I don't really know enough about boats to have a defensible opinion about anything, and I'm here because many TF members are actually "doing" what I want to "do" with their lives.
It wouldn't be the same without your stellar photoshop skills.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote