“TF, Is One Cool Boating Forum”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
“TF, Is One Cool Boating Forum”

Seems clear to me...

If you have a specific make/model of boat and you want specific info having to do with your craft then go to the forum that is specifically for your boat. Such as: Tollycraft forum, Grand Banks forum, Hatteras forum, Chris Craft forum, Bayliner forum, Fleming forum – and the like (some sites have different nomenclature than “forum”... such as “owner site”... etc)

I believe we all should appreciate the eclectic group of contributors and various style boat owners that frequent our Trawler Forum. It’s a community that shares levels of ideas and new thoughts. TF provides opportunity for insightful debates, straight-on common sense, actual boat-worthy recommendations, ageless mariner suggestions, and some good ol’ word fights between smart and some not so clever contestants. What more could we ask for in a forum that is nearly 100% filled with active and some not so active boaters of many backgrounds, experience, and ages?

Now...; May I Mention: If anyone (myself included) does not like the banter and/or intelligence/stupidity that may be entered and shared on any section/thread/post TF offers - - > in an instant we can go to our brand boat’s specific forum and wonder where TF’s excitement went!?!? Cause, the specific boat-brand forums simply to not provide the openly-interactive thread/post capabilities of TF. You could say that the specific forums are reasonably accurate in the posted questions/answers/statements but rather devoid of excitement or mind bending (thought provoking / mentally challenging) statements (i.e, many forums are pretty darn dull); whereas TF is not always accurate but usually pretty darn interesting! :socool:

I appreciate TF's depth of confabs... Just sayen! :thumb:

This thread is a basic continuation regarding” Best Trawler Websites... a thread/discussion that was for some reason closed! :confused:

Last edited:
Greetings,
And here's to the members who don't like this sort of thing...

whoop-there-it-is.gif

Too many off topic and meaningless pictures. But, sigh, I did like the one of Marilyn.

While I don't own a trawler I do like hanging out here because of the collective knowledge of the TF members. There's a lot to be learned here and I appreciate that.

I for one apologize for lowering the intelligence curve here are the TF, but I do agree, it's a great place to learn and debate with great folks.

Greetings,
Mr. s. Au contraire, there are VERY few on TF who lower the intelligence??? level. I have followed YOUR Cajun Rose rebuild with great interest. Mr. GFC. So what you don't have a "trawler". By some definitions, neither do I.

Personally I have gotten some excellent advice on a number of topics that isn't obtainable anywhere else.

Thank you

...Señores Art, RT and All:

More than anybody here, probably, I am the one who lately has benefit more from this Web Site.
I am building a boat, my "Ultimate Trawler", and by the knowledge grabbed in here I have made up or change my mind about several issues that I had previously taken for granted.
One think is what is market as "good for", the other is what we learn here as most efficient. In all aspects of a boat, i mean

If we were to change the name of this Forum, the logical option would RBLF

Real Boat Lovers Forum

here's my 2 cents

Last edited:
Reactions: Art
I agree, Art. I see TF much like a group of guys sitting around a table having a conversation. Sometimes the question gets answered, sometimes the conversation takes off on a tangent, sometimes a series of jokes and laughs get interjected into the middle, sometimes disagreements occur and the subject gets changed.

But in the end, knowledge is shared, friendships are made, humor is enjoyed and the boating life is celebrated.

Since joining some time ago and lurking, then posting, and and now for my 133rd post, I'd like to say I thoroughly enjoy the banter on TF. The advice and opinions are interesting and valuable.

I try not to say anything on any internet forum that I wouldn't say to a persons face sitting around a campfire. :angel:

Thanks to the moderators and folks that run this madhouse. :dance:

As one of the volunteers tasked to try and keep members happy around here, I agree. I have been helped so much by so many different people that I can't imagine boating without you guys in my pocket. However, so many threads digress to the same few making the same points over and over and over. Then, it quickly sinks to personal insults and the original topic of the thread has not only been lost, but there is not even any more participation in the thread except the few that can't have a civil discussion.

I too enjoy the gentle and good-intentioned banter. Also, the occasional funny off-topic picture. As a mod team, we will normally let the stuff that is in good fun go and our apologies if some don't always appreciate it. We encourage members to take an active roll in keeping things friendly and to steer TF to what you, the members, want TF to ultimately be. We apologize if things get by us or if the experience here isn't always the best it can be. Trust me, we spend a lot of time talking to each other about it and some of our decisions are not always popular or what you might think they should be, but there is a very grey area we have to deal with sometimes.

Like I said, I can't imagine boating without having TF as my #1 place to work out issues, learn about boats, or just dream about trips I have yet to take. You guys are fantastic.

Tom-

Last edited:
RT, you certianly have a way of keeping folks from taking things too serious!..I like that...

I don't see where that is off-topic at all. ;-)

RT, looks pretty much like our dock on Saturday night
John

What you find on the internet is OPINIONS,

comparing opinions and deciding which is the most useful/rational to you is the key .

I for one apologize for lowering the intelligence curve here are the TF, but I do agree, it's a great place to learn and debate with great folks.

I'm with the Swamp on this one. I like to think that I'm just hanging out, having a beer with a bunch of boat guys. I don't really know enough about boats to have a defensible opinion about anything, and I'm here because many TF members are actually "doing" what I want to "do" with their lives.

I'm with the Swamp on this one. I like to think that I'm just hanging out, having a beer with a bunch of boat guys. I don't really know enough about boats to have a defensible opinion about anything, and I'm here because many TF members are actually "doing" what I want to "do" with their lives.

It wouldn't be the same without your stellar photoshop skills. :thumb:

It wouldn't be the same without your stellar photoshop skills. :thumb:

Moonstruck is in for a windshield modification. Larry, please send a "Designs by Larry" logo to put on the boat.

Nice of you to say that guys. At least I know there are a few that get a kick out of my Photoshop playtime....another reason why I like to visit TF whenever I can.

I agree, Art. I see TF much like a group of guys sitting around a table having a conversation. Sometimes the question gets answered, sometimes the conversation takes off on a tangent, sometimes a series of jokes and laughs get interjected into the middle, sometimes disagreements occur and the subject gets changed.

But in the end, knowledge is shared, friendships are made, humor is enjoyed and the boating life is celebrated.

I reckon Flywright got it spot on. Hard to 'splain it better than that. We can even have fun murderin' the lingo if we want.

However, being serious for a second, I think while a boat make forum could be good for dissemination of species specific information, it could sort of run out of steam for a time fairly easily, whereas I enjoy hearing, seeing and finding out about other designs on here. That and the general repartee. I suspect you wouldn't get much of that in boat type specific boards...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FlyWright

I reckon Flywright got it spot on. Hard to 'splain it better than that. We can even have fun murderin' the lingo if we want.

However, being serious for a second, I think while a boat make forum could be good for dissemination of species specific information, it could sort of run out of steam for a time fairly easily, whereas I enjoy hearing, seeing and finding out about other designs on here. That and the general repartee. I suspect you wouldn't get much of that in boat type specific boards...

FW and PB - Correctopeel! May I add... Tolly forum that I frequent and have great success for answers to Tolly questions is bout as dull as can be... as compared to TF. Sometimes not a post or new thread for days in a row. TF Rocks! :thumb: :D :speed boat:

Hmmm me on the other hand would like to reach into the computer screen and smack some members in the head lol.

Majority are good. Just a few select numbnuts around but that's the joys of the WWW ay!

Each to their own ;-)

Hmmm me on the other hand would like to reach into the computer screen and smack some members in the head lol.

Majority are good. Just a few select numbnuts around but that's the joys of the WWW ay!

Each to their own ;-)

Hendo, you are so correct, it sure is different these days.

Heck, the medical "pill" companies will soon have too many humans taking medications to make them all "Stepford" like in their actions and reactions (similar to the “Stepford Wives” movie). Not me - I don't even take a freeking aspirin lest I simply gotta for fever or headache! :facepalm:

Back in the day, i.e 1960's/70's... We used to tell the loosers in a good o' fisherman's pub fight in New England, as we helped them off the floor and pushed em out the door... "Don’t be bitter, reconsider" Next time you visit our pub be careful what you fcken say! LMAO :rofl:

On the WWW it's different... supposed ta be "politically correct", and all that crap - or a moderator will censer your assss off the site! Personally I have fond memories of good ol' fist flyen bar fights... made cha thirsty for another beer, or four! :thumb: :D :popcorn:

But, with all that said... TF is still a pretty darn good forum for we boaters to hang out and chat!

Hendo, you are so correct, it sure is different these days.

Heck, the medical "pill" companies will soon have too many humans taking medications to make them all "Stepford" like in their actions and reactions (similar to the “Stepford Wives” movie). Not me - I don't even take a freeking aspirin lest I simply gotta for fever or headache! :facepalm:

Back in the day, i.e 1960's/70's... We used to tell the loosers in a good o' fisherman's pub fight in New England, as we helped them off the floor and pushed em out the door... "Don’t be bitter, reconsider" Next time you visit our pub be careful what you fcken say! LMAO :rofl:

On the WWW it's different... supposed ta be "politically correct", and all that crap - or a moderator will censer your assss off the site! Personally I have fond memories of good ol' fist flyen bar fights... made cha thirsty for another beer, or four! :thumb: :D :popcorn:

But, with all that said... TF is still a pretty darn good forum for we boaters to hang out and chat!

Lol you've said those words to me when the mods censored my arse last time. I was bitter but got over it. I've learnt not to take people seriously other than my friends on here. Good to sit back and watch people argue about how great their anchor is or how great their handrails are LMAO and don't even get me started on those tools that think a sharpie pen is good for anti fouling hahahahahahahahahahahaha aaaahhhhhhh.....

Last edited:
and don't even get me started on those tools that think a sharpie pen is good for anti fouling hahahahahahahahahahahaha aaaahhhhhhh.....

It isn't? I just bought a couple of cases for the haul out. Damn!!!

Lol you've said those words to me when the mods censored my arse last time. I was bitter but got over it. I've learnt not to take people seriously other than my friends on here. Good to sit back and watch people argue about how great their anchor is or how great their handrails are LMAO and don't even get me started on those tools that think a sharpie pen is good for anti fouling hahahahahahahahahahahaha aaaahhhhhhh.....

Huh? I missed that one. Please do tell.

Back
Top Bottom