Verizon coverage in Southern Gulf Islands ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kawini

Vessel Name
High Slack
Vessel Make
Selene 43
Next week, I embark on a 10 day cruise through the Southern Gulf Islands. I have planned stays at Poet's Cove in Bedwell Harbor and at the marina in Ganges. Other than that, I plan to stay flexible.

During the cruise, I will need to have internet access for some business issues. My plan has been to use my Apple iPad Air (with a Verizon plan) as a hotspot to obtain internet access on my computer. Of course, for this plan to work I will need to have access to Verizon's digital network while cruising.

Is there anyone who has recent experience in accessing (or failing to access) Verizon's digital network in the Southern Gulf Islands? I'd love to confirm that it is available before I depart.

Thanks very much!

Next week, we'll be up in the Canadian Gulf Islands as well. Verizon will switch to Telus mobility once you cross the 49th parallel. Coverage is spotty at best when you're on the water. Talk with Verizon about your data plan when roaming in British Columbia. I work up there every month. I believe my Verizon plan charges me $25 for every 100mb of data. Anyway, you may have to search for a good signal when you aren't in one of the touristy areas (Ganges, Sydney etc...)

Back
Top Bottom