Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Seattle Boat and Afloat show

The Seattle Boat and Afloat show is January 24 to Feb 3, 2008.* there is a free shuttle that runs between the boat show, Quest Field and Afloat show South end of lakeunion., and the same ticket gets you into both.*

Since we use to live where the Afloat show is being held, I will be down/around a couple of times visiting/looking/wandering..* I am hoping to meet some of you during the boat afloat show, or if you pass by Everett, 30 miles north of Seattle, stop by and see the big ugly slow trawler.

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #2

RE: Seattle Boat and Afloat show

hi...i am very new to this forum and even newer to trawling...my wife and i live in grand cayman at present and we are thinking of moving to your part of the world...we have made some contacts with realstate people from bellingham to edmonds...could you give us some advice..we would like a small house or condo not too far from a marina where hopefully i will be abble to keep my future trawler
thanx
frank and therese pallares
pallares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Guru

City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Happy Destiny
Vessel Model: Custom Lobster Yacht

Frank** * I live in Bellingham, and can't speak highly enough of life in this city. Bellingham is a University town (Western Washington State University), a respected school, therefore having a good cultural base, and geographically perfect in its location. Right between Vancouver, BC and Seattle (when you absolutely insist on a big city fix), with snow skiing just fifty miles to the east, and the San Juan Islands at your doorstep. Nearly on the Canadian border, the Gulf Islands are only a partial day cruise away. The Port of Bellingham maintains moorage in both Squalicum Harbor (Bellingham), and about twenty miles north at Blaine Harbor (city of Blaine). New comers often have to accept moorage in Blaine for a few years before they can get into Squalicum Harbor. Great restaurants, hospital, book stores, parks, and climate all join to make Bellingham a great place to live. Real Estate prices and moorage are much better than the Edmonds area as well. *I must warn you however that many a Californian has turned and run after a dark and gloomy northwest winter. Even our summers can be very cool, wet and unpredictable, so do be prepared. Call or write any time for a chat about life up here. 360-815-2797, carey@textype.com.
** * * * * * * * * * * Carey
Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #4

City: Anacortes, WA
Vessel Name: Thea
Vessel Model: 46 Grand Banks Classic

Frank -

A little south of B-ham is Anacortes, and a couple of miles inland is Burlington where I'm currently building a house while living on the boat at Anacortes.* This area is a little less sophisticated than Bellingham (i.e., you're not required to own a Prius* to live here ).* But it's a bit less expensive, and there are slips available.
Chris Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house

Seattle Boat Show August 6 9

There is a Seattle Boat Afloat Show August 6 9 at Shilshole Marina that some of you might be interest in attending.* Its not as big as January show but most of the name bands will be there.* A good time to be able to go on and compare boats.* The best show is still the big January Boats Show and Trawler Fest.* Besides the Boat Show, there is a lot to see and do in the Puget Sound.* Heck, come on up and visit as Everett has vacancies also and a lot to offer, but we sure miss Lake Union right down town Seattle.*
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote