Old 03-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
Scraping Paint

City: -
PNW boats

I was banging around in my photo files and came up with some shots of the kinds of powerboats we encounter around here. I took these over the course of the last year. The "Glory Be" was built in (I think) 1927 and is owned by the director of the Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle.* We encountered it in the San Juans as it was enroute between wooden boat festivals. The fully-rigged salmon troller is a beautiful but increasingly rare sight these days. The Crowley tug was cabled to the stern of the tanker and was serving as a combination brake and stern thruster. The wooden boat in the 150-ton Travelift was being hauled just long enough for a "tap" survey of the hull as part of a pending sale. The hull passed and the boat was sold. The fellow in the foreground is driving the Travelift. The trawler on a trailer is a currently produced boat called a Ranger Tug 21. They also make a 25 foot version which has a cabin aft of the pilothouse.

-- Edited by Marin at 01:56, 2008-03-09
Attached Thumbnails
trailertrawler.jpg   varnish.jpg   chriscraft.jpg   travelift.jpg   crowley.jpg  

troller.jpg   1927.jpg  
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote