Marine Swap Meet in Gig Harbor - June 8, 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

syjos

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Sandpiper
Vessel Make
Bluewater 40 Pilothouse Trawler
Marine Swap Meet at Second Wave in Gig Harbor from 9 am to 2 pm

Saturday June 8, 2019

3720 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor 98335

Second Wave is a new and used marine consignment store, which opened last year in Gig Harbor. The store is worth the trip to Gig Harbor itself but the annual swap meet will have many individuals selling their stuff.

Most of the marine consignment stores have dissapeared in the last few years around the PNW; Second Wave Seattle, Marine Exchange Port Townsend, Boaters Exchange Sidney BC., Anacortes etc. Most of those stores closed when they lost their leases or the rent got too high to make a profit. Second Wave Gig Harbor needs the support from PNW boaters to continue operation.

Boaters selling boats, boat equipment, marine electronics, fishing gear, marine equipment, dinghys, kayaks, sailboats, power boats, anchors, marine hardware, ropes, lines, chains, windlasses etc.

Since this is the first swap meet at Second Wave, will see how successful it will be.

I'll have two booths there and will be closing out inventory and will have lots of merchandise priced at $1

See you there!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, i wont be in town until Monday. But i did buy a bunch of stuff there a couple weeks ago.

I see that Longship in Poulsbo is downsizing.

Long ship in Poulsbo moved to a bigger location at marina level. They are taking over the location which previously was an antique mall.

I talked to the couple that run it about a month ago and they were excited about the move. They said everything will now be indoors.

I'm not sure if they have reopened it yet.

I love those things. Its always fun perusing used boat bits for sale. I live in Florida so won't be attending. I still haven't even been to the big one in Florida. The Dania Nautical flea market, in April I think.

Around the PNW, the Fisheries Supply - 48thNorth Marine Swap Meets in March and October are the largest. They starts at 5 am and done by noon. They are not as big as they used to be 20 - 30 years ago but still worth attending.

The Des Moines Yacht Club Marine Swap Meet in February, which my wife and I organized for 15 + years, is the largest indoor Marine Swap Meet in the PNW.

Many of the other Marine Swap Meets have died recently. Tyee Marina, Swan Town, Milltown Sailing.

One new swap meet will be next week at Tacoma Yacht Club.

Thanks for that reminder. I’ll try and come by and check it out. I’ll look out for you.

Hm... wonder if anyone would be interested in my old anchor, a Winchrite electric winch handle or a Mast Climber?

It was an average swap meet.

Not great but not crappy either.

I sold a lot of stuff but bought more than I sold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom