La Conner this weekend...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The North wind just started to come in as we were pulling into the slip. It was a bit odd to having the perfect approach to the slip and in the space of 20 yards find that were were suddenly being pushed to port by the wind. It was just a light breeze but by the time all the lines were on it was snowing and blowing 10 kts. It kept increasing all afternoon and we have lost power a couple times today at the house. Calmer now.

well that's certainly cutting it close. reminds me I need to run down to the boathouse today. Power went out just as I was leaving yesterday.

Nothing quite like February in “protected” Puget Sound to remind you just exactly who is in charge. I have quite a few other friends who learned the hard way, and am a card carrying member myself.

Ain't this the truth. Homeport is EBM and were waiting 2+ days for the winds to lay down so we could head around west point and over to CSR for a haulout. Monday finally laid down enough to make the trip but there were still decent 19-20kt gust from the NNW.

A few weeks ago we got knocked around pretty good heading home from Langley in a SSE wind. I decided not to risk EBM due to our narrow fairways so opted for guest moorage at shilshole for the night. Didn't get much sleep that night. Checked lines every couple of hours and the water was rushing past us like a small river as we laid low at the end of I dock.

Back
Top Bottom