Diesel prices $2.00 right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SalishSeaCHB

Veteran Member
Hi All, this is a bit of a mundane question but with oil prices falling are you filling up? We are in just about to turn over year one of ownership and we could take on around 200 gallons of diesel to top off the tanks. Our CHB is in Anacortes, and right now Cap Sante is $2.08 for the first 100 gallons and $2.00 for the 100-750 gallons. The Marine Service Center also has fuel but their pumps are down right now. $2/ gallon seems cheap, are you filling up or waiting?

SSCHB,
Is the LaConner fuel dock operating?

They will continue to drop. Sit and wait a little.

I filled up late in 2019, when diesel was at the highest it's been all year. I've burned about 50 gallons since then. Lately I've been musing that perhaps the smart financial move is to use up all this expensive fuel so I can replace it with cheaper fuel? Then again, maybe that kind of thinking may be why my stock portfolio looks so bad. :)

No cheap fillup for us, at least not now. We'll be launching for the season with full tanks from the end of last season.

They will continue to drop. Sit and wait a little.
Ok I will try, but filling up the boat with cheap fuel is my excuse to get the family out for a day.... I have also heard of a hard bottom to fuel prices based not the cost of refining etc. How low do you think prices could fall?

I filled up our little motorhome yesterday for $57.00.

Want to fill the boat too and keep it ready to go north in Canada later on this summer. We can probably cruise at 5.5 knots using 1/2 gph.

Want to haul the boat and change prop too.

Thanks CCCHB,
I’ll just check when I go down there.

Last edited:
Port of Brownsville was $1.82 last weekend (including taxes).

Ive been on the road with the land yacht and best on road diesel price I had was $1.95 in VA.

$1.65 like ten days ago at the New River Marina fuel dock here in SE NC.

Was $6.27/gallon (1.66L) here in Oz
Now $5.44 (1.44)

On land its selling as low as $3.85 ($1.02)

If it gets near those prices on the water i'll put in 3000 litres or more
Better return than leaving it in the bank.

I filled up late in 2019, when diesel was at the highest it's been all year. I've burned about 50 gallons since then. Lately I've been musing that perhaps the smart financial move is to use up all this expensive fuel so I can replace it with cheaper fuel? Then again, maybe that kind of thinking may be why my stock portfolio looks so bad. :)

Think of all the money you could save. Multiply the difference in the per gallon price times the number of gallons that you burn and replace at the lower cost. Do that enough times and you won’t need a job - you can live on the earnings. :dance:

I didn’t put any diesel in last year, I was trying to get the tanks down so I could replace the port fuel tank. Turned out that I was unable to replace the fuel tank so I will be buying fuel to fill the tanks after I launch. Finally it appears that I timed the market correctly. Usually I fill up at the highest prices and when the prices drop I have full tanks. This year the one good thing may be that I get to fill up on cheap diesel.

Fill it and burn it Baby!! Then fill it again!

pete

Was $6.27/gallon (1.66L) here in Oz
Now $5.44 (1.44)

On land its selling as low as $3.85 ($1.02)

If it gets near those prices on the water i'll put in 3000 litres or more
Better return than leaving it in the bank.

Jerry cans to the best land station? 3000L would be a couple of loads :socool:

Ok I will try, but filling up the boat with cheap fuel is my excuse to get the family out for a day.... I have also heard of a hard bottom to fuel prices based not the cost of refining etc. How low do you think prices could fall?

A friend of mine is having a truck coming out to the marina at $1.40 a gallon

Jerry cans to the best land station? 3000L would be a couple of loads :socool:

At the fuel dock at Gold Coast City Marina, first up on the travel lift tomorrow.
$1.21/l here.
Got me all aquiver.

At GCCM you will get a discount if you are a client in the marina or on the hardstand. I think the prices should go lower, averaged down as they effectively sell off the high cost deliveries from a little while ago.

Diesel $1.99/gal (+tax, and -courtesy to moorage here) at the fuel dock here in La Conner. They go to 7 days/week starting today.

I've a relative who is readying for a non stop Seattle to AK. Several thousand gallons just purchased at Ballard for less than $1.20 per gallon.

I wish I could fill up right now. I need 380 gallons. But I'm still waiting for 4 coolers to come back from the radiator shop.

Paid $1.99 in Destin at 2 George's, and$2.88 at Dog River

Even Alaska prices are coming down, which rarely happens. Of course we put in a bit over 400 gallons last month at the high end of prices....

In the panhadle of Florida at C-Quarters Marina and The Moorings of Carabelle, both are selling diesel at $1.50/gallon including tax. And thought we did good at $2.49.

In case anyone has a boat in Europe the cheapest I found was 94 cents a litre in Andorra and we filled 200 litres in cans.
The cheapest French supermarket price is 1Euro 11 cents per litre.
The docksides are still charging 2 Euro a litre.
We've just filled our 500 litre diesel tank by cans from the supermarket and have 200 litres in reserve.

Yep, I've got about 200 gal on board, so I can take on 400 more - may wait a bit longer, but probably need to move pretty fast to take advantage of these prices. :thumb:

Yep, I've got about 200 gal on board, so I can take on 400 more - may wait a bit longer, but probably need to move pretty fast to take advantage of these prices. :thumb:

10¢ / litre increase at the gas station pumps since last week.

In case anyone has a boat in Europe the cheapest I found was 94 cents a litre in Andorra and we filled 200 litres in cans.
The cheapest French supermarket price is 1Euro 11 cents per litre.
The docksides are still charging 2 Euro a litre.
We've just filled our 500 litre diesel tank by cans from the supermarket and have 200 litres in reserve.

Phew - that would take a few trips or a lot of cans!

If close to France, isn't Guernsey or Jersey a lot cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom