CA Bay/Delta Cruising Guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here she is in her new home;

52211607482_98e5e6e0f6_c.jpg

View from the stern;

52211607472_d7d15cff6b_c.jpg

Mt. Diablo to the west, the landmark point of reference especially when you can't see over the levees - :) Yeah, that was me! Especially in my little rubber boat.

All is well in her new home, plenty of friendly marina folk and friendly marina dogs. Life is good.

The great risk to California’s water systems is politicians that refuse to construct additional water storage reservoirs. The last reservoir was built when California had a population of 18 million. Today we have close to 40 million people.

Love to discuss that thought with you at some point, but this type of forum isn't suitable. Maybe we can anchor up some weekend in the Delta.

Thanks for the invite. You’re correct. Don’t know what got into me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought about the levees in the Delta. Been here since’58. No levee has ever failed from earthquakes and we have weathered a lot. Once my car was jumping up and down so bad it was going airborne. The soil is very elastic here. The levees failed in the winter with high run off. The pressure on the levees caused all the breaks since the 40s. But once one levee fails and the Island fills with water it relieves the pressure on all the others. A massive levee failure is extremely unlikely. There have even been ideas floated ( no pun intended) to fill some of the islands during winter run off then use them as a reservoir for summer demand. It’s a unique environment just dying to be explored by adventurous boaters.

Back
Top Bottom