49th Parallel Rumor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Vax deniers"? Hmmm. I call them freedom and liberty lovers..... .

The problem with that philosophy is the people who love "freedom and liberty" are going to cause us all to have to live with mask requirements and lockdowns again because Covid is making a resurgence. The dominant strain right now is the Delta variant and the vaccines are fairly effective against that, (but not as effective as it was against the original ) but eventually the virus will evolve to the point where we are right back in full pandemic mode again.

I hope I am wrong, but I foresee the following: The vaccines eventually get full FDA approval and then become required for school attendance, healthcare workers, food handlers etc. Those requirements will force enough people to get vaccinated that we eventually reach 70-80% vaccinated. Unfortunately the vaccine will prove ineffective by then and a new vaccine ( or a booster ) will be required. The anti-vax crowd will see this as vindication and even less people will get on board with vaccine 2.0 and then we will all be royally screwed!

And how will they verify?
I am not vaccinated and will not be.

I assume the CDC verification doc will suffice. Lots of nice areas for you to boat in US waters. Me, I'm going to Canada!:D

Oh, and I read somewhere recently where a couple tried to travel using forged CDC vaccination records . . . were caught, . . . . and are facing some pretty substantial fines, along with mandatory quarantine. Couple was given the option of paying for quarantine themselves, or being put up in the local jail for the specified quarantine time. Chose wisely . . . . :whistling:

I assume the CDC verification doc will suffice. Lots of nice areas for you to boat in US waters. Me, I'm going to Canada!:D

Oh, and I read somewhere recently where a couple tried to travel using forged CDC vaccination records . . . were caught, . . . . and are facing some pretty substantial fines, along with mandatory quarantine. Couple was given the option of paying for quarantine themselves, or being put up in the local jail for the specified quarantine time. Chose wisely . . . . :whistling:
This is all I have. The CDC card is being easily forged. The state of WA certificate of vaccination less so and is easily verified at the Dept of Health website. Screenshot_20210618-103451~2.jpgPXL_20210427_202752147.jpg

US citizens who have a prior DUI/DWI arrest are not allowed into Canada. When you present your passport at the border as you enter Canada somehow the Canadian authorities can check to see if you have been arrested for DUI/DWI. If you have they deny you entry and you must return to the US.

I assume they will soon have a similar ability to check your vaccination record before you are allowed.

This is all I have. The CDC card is being easily forged. The state of WA certificate of vaccination less so and is easily verified at the Dept of Health website. View attachment 119425View attachment 119426

Passports, Nexus, enhanced drivers license all carry additional vetting to obtain. Why cannot those documents identify a vaccinated person?

I hope CA also comes out with a more formal card like WA.

Los Angeles County announced masking is back for indoors (everyone, vax or not) due to the Delta Variant spread among the unvaccinated. Other counties will likely being doing the same.

I guess we should at least be thankful there was no social media or rogue TV channels spreading fear and misinformation for their own gain when polio was making the rounds and the vax for that came out. Our new normal. Pretty sad state of affairs actually.

Last edited:
How in the world is the WA State card less hard to duplicate than the CDC one?

Is there a hologram on it?

..... The state of WA certificate of vaccination less so and is easily verified at the Dept of Health website...

Can anyone go on the site to check someone else's vax status ??? Personally I wouldn't care, but I would think the privacy police would be up in arms about that.

How in the world is the WA State card less hard to duplicate than the CDC one?

Is there a hologram on it?

It is not a card. It is a certificate that you can print out, but not a card. Sure, it could be duplicated.

Can anyone go on the site to check someone else's vax status ??? Personally I wouldn't care, but I would think the privacy police would be up in arms about that.

I’m not an expert. My understanding is that once a parent or guardian registers, they can register their dependents. The system was setup pre-COVID to make it easier for parents to manage their children’s immunization records since our society is more mobile and children and their families may have multiple vaccine providers.

Health care providers can access their patients records once the patient/guardian has visited that provider and given permission. Health Departments can access it as well but I’m unsure of under what circumstances. The Data is provided to the WA State Dept of Health by vaccine providers.

In my case, since the system is relatively new, I can see my influenza vaccines back to 2012, my Tdap in 2017, Zoster in 2019, and COVID vaccinations. To add earlier vaccinations to the record, I would need to contact the custodian of the records of the providers that provided them. The would send the data to the WA Dept of health.

GFC said:
US citizens who have a prior DUI/DWI arrest are not allowed into Canada. When you present your passport at the border as you enter Canada somehow the Canadian authorities can check to see if you have been arrested for DUI/DWI. If you have they deny you entry and you must return to the US.
That all falls under the category "it depends."
It is not that black and white and there all kinds of circumstances which can affect admissability or not, around DUIs.

Admissibility issues go both ways. I know someone who thought since cannabis was legal in both Washington and BC, he would take a small amount down south with him. He did not remember that the border is Federal and it is illegal Federally. He was not allowed in and was banned for life.
At least that is what is telling everyone :)

I have friends who are Washington State residents whose boat was inspected by the Coast Guard in the San Juans. Their Washington State legal pot was confiscated, but no other consequences. Remember, it's still a federal crime.

That all falls under the category "it depends."

It is not that black and white and there all kinds of circumstances which can affect admissability or not, around DUIs.

By agreement, each country has access to the other’s law-enforcement-related databases, including those of the states and province/territories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom