TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020...2/20-2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are expecting the pump out to be operational in February, of course that is not a guarantee.

PUBLIC NOTICE - FORT PIERCE REFRIGERATOR INSPECTIONS

When you arrive, please ensure your refrigerators are properly stocked and at prime operating temperature. There will be impromptu fridge inspections throughout the weekend. Photos of exemplary examples may be published with owner consent. Photos of empty fridges will be published without consent or exception!

Please note that fridge inspector(s) will have calibrated temp sensors. Demerits may be assigned and public shaming may occur for substandard temperature beverages. Below is the TF Fridge grading scale:

20F-31F - Too cold to hold but passing with an A+ if not frozen. Frozen beverages are cause for remedial training and retesting.

32F-39F - A Well done!! You should be proud of your attention to detail!

40F-44F - B Not bad for Kool Aid or a Coke...not so great for an IPA.

45F-49F - C Acceptable for morning juice and girly drinks only. Best if served with a paper umbrella.

50F or above - Fail! Next time, please plug your fridge into power before testing or buy more ice.

Notice to all participants: While graft and corruption are strictly forbidden, the sharing of quality adult beverages with Refrigerator Inspectors is highly encouraged, much appreciated and may have a slight effect on grading.

Applications are being accepted for the position of TF Refrigerator Inspector (RI).

Last edited:
Al

Does this include your fridge?

For those who can’t maintain the perfect temperature, Slow Hand is happy to store your IPAs at the perfect temperature for a small percentage of what your store. Besides the glowing light from the reflected surface from Slow Hand means you’ll never lose track of your supply.

Al

Does this include your fridge?

Absolutely! That's where the standard was established. I have a separate fridge dedicated to "Beer and Bait". Last IPA I pulled out yesterday was 38.4*F.

Unfortunately for me, Northern CA was having power outages due to high winds so my B&B fridge went 4 days without power and got as warm as 51* according to my temp monitor. No one at the marina notified me. Thankfully, my beer was fine (whew!) but my bait thawed and refroze. I was afraid it would be a moldy, smelly mess by the time I arrived 3 days later.

Fortunately, all was fine since it was double bagged and in Tupperware. It didn't even cause an issue with the Tupperware so I dodged a bullet.

The other 12V/120V NovaKool food fridge just kept humming along those 4 days on the house bank. No problem.

TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020

My boat is in Stuart waiting on a new mast/rigging, sail, etc. If it’s finished by February maybe I can putt putt up the ICW.

Remind me what the slip availability is in Ft Pierce? Last time I tried to get a slip at the municipal marina they had a pretty long waiting list IIRC.

Maybe I can get Healhustler to ride with me.

Al are you bringing your boat or just shipping the fridges to Ft. Pierce.

Cardude after what you have been thru I’ll supply your beer. My advice is make your reservation now and cancel if you can’t make it.

Warm beer isn't going to alter Cardudes plans. He has been through some challenges and rose to the occasion. Refrigerator temps?...He ain't scared....

TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020

Al are you bringing your boat or just shipping the fridges to Ft. Pierce.

Cardude after what you have been thru I’ll supply your beer. My advice is make your reservation now and cancel if you can’t make it.

Ok good idea. I’ll call the marina tomorrow. I’ll gladly accept any beers handed to me, and will also bring a supply of some tasty rums.

Boat looks like crap right now obviously but maybe I can get pieced together by then. If not I could just cruise over there with my broken mast I guess. [emoji30]

Cardude. We have you covered for rum too. If your boat looks bad we will make sure your not close to Slow Hand. :). Perhaps near Scott. :)

Sure thing, I can slum up any neighborhood.:)

And your proud of it too.

PUBLIC NOTICE - FORT PIERCE REFRIGERATOR INSPECTIONS

When you arrive, please ensure your refrigerators are properly stocked and at prime operating temperature. There will be impromptu fridge inspections throughout the weekend. Photos of exemplary examples may be published with owner consent. Photos of empty fridges will be published without consent or exception!

Please note that fridge inspector(s) will have calibrated temp sensors. Demerits may be assigned and public shaming may occur for substandard temperature beverages.

32F-39F - A Well done!! You should be proud of your attention to detail!

Pretty sure my mobile beer and hard cider beverage dispenser met this specification last year, but I'm always willing to submit my contents to temperature inspection and evaluation.

Ted

76786234_3742581372434447_3027252289212514304_n.jpg

Just got a note from Anne at the FPCM. She said that due to construction that no pump outs are available. There are tenant restrooms on both the North side and the South side. She recommends to get a pump out before arriving at the marina. Also, there are pump outs available at Holiday Harbor and Pelican Yacht Club for a nominal charge. Discharge is not permitted in the harbor.

With the amount of food to be consumed I’ll be sure to arrive with the black tank empty. Thanks Don.

Just got a note from Anne at the FPCM. She said that due to construction that no pump outs are available. There are tenant restrooms on both the North side and the South side. She recommends to get a pump out before arriving at the marina. Also, there are pump outs available at Holiday Harbor and Pelican Yacht Club for a nominal charge. Discharge is not permitted in the harbor.

Is she indicating that with the time already elapsed and with three months before the gathering they still have no plans to have pump outs available? They're going to go through their entire peak season without.

I wonder if there will be a reduction in rates with a reduction in services...:D

Scott

When was the last time that happened to you?

Scott

When was the last time that happened to you?

I have had it happen so it's nice to see thinking people....but rarely

I used to dislike some marinas up on the Chesapeake when I would ask in December if there was a discount....and when the answer was no.... I would mumble as I walked out...

Your water is turned off, the bathrooms are closed, the restaurant is closed, the pool is closed, the pumpout is shutoff, your hours are reduced, the ships store is closed and full summer seasonal price in effect is such a deal.... :facepalm: :D

Scott

You embarrass me but if at the gathering we run out of liquor or food I’ll give you a discount next year! :)

I wonder who's boat has the biggest holding tank...

Will there be a group pumpout cruise planned for the weekend?

I wonder who's boat has the biggest holding tank...
The way to look at that is holding tank capacity divided by people on board.

Mine is 80 gallons ÷ 1 person = 80. :D

Ted

Scott

You embarrass me but if at the gathering we run out of liquor or food I’ll give you a discount next year! :)

Irv...whaaat?

Why am I embarrassing you?

I point out what many perceive as the typical ethos of American businessmen (that's shot to all who constantly blast government workers :D...not you Irv) and I am embarrassing?

I would rather think of it as "fair minded"....:socool:

Now if I casually wandered over to your boat and asked to use the head all day long.... that I would consider an embarrassment...especially if I stopped for a drink every time...:hide:

Well then. If there are no pumpout facilities then they have to be a little more lenient on the boys.....uuuuhhhhh...... “checking the dock lines” at the end of the finger piers!!!

Scott your welcome anytime to do anything you wish (however no discount on food or drink from Watfa) because the marina does not offer pump out) but may I suggest that Ted has a great idea, we all use his head unless Al has his boat at the gathering. :)

I just made my reservation for Feb 20-23 (hope that was right) with Ann at the marina.

Concerning the pump out issue, y’all are welcome to use my fancy composting toilet! We can even have a seminar!

[emoji51]

Baker. While I have been known to check the finger pier but never to check the dock lines but sometimes to check the depth of the water and temperature.

Cardude. Can your head handle 30 plus participants full of beer and other drink combined with good food?

Jack or Steve are we to believe that you would ever disagree with your bunk mate?

It’s beginning and will continue until mid February, God help us all.

I have some reservations about this event. Specifically, I have reservations for Sylphide and I to be there from the 20th till the 23rd. I have no idea if we'll actually make it there by then, but here's to hoping. I'll try to arrive with a well stocked cooler at an acceptable temperature, empty black water tanks, and with my boat shoes under lock and key. Anyone who wants to make their shiny paint and gleaming brightwork stand out is welcome to use my lack of both for contrast.

Back
Top Bottom