TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020...2/20-2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy hour is on at 5 pm on A dock slip 11. Gate code is 5312. This is BYOC (bring your own chair).

Ted

Hi all. We just got finished putting in the heat exchangers. They didn't come in until 3 PM.
It looks like we won't be able to get there before dark, so we will drive up for a while, and see just how bad tomorrows' weather is before we try again.
See you all tonight or tomorrow. Cheers,
John and Priscilla

Many thanks to Ted for hosting the happy hour and giving free boat tours. It was a blast putting faces to all the TF handles. Irv and Watfa— y’all are a hoot! Thanks for the dinner and the great company. Jewel and I will repay you by being your galley slaves Saturday. We can help cook and clean, or whatever y’all need. My special skill is drinking wine.[emoji6]

Listening to Ted and Scott talk about all the towns, restaurants, marinas and scenery on the AICW has Jewel and I excited about our upcoming trip.

Last edited:
Good morning. 8am up here at the Cape. Cold and winds gusting to gale force. Hope it’s sunny and warm down there [emoji274]

It’s a good day for some good coffee. We brought the espresso machine from home.

https://youtu.be/xVEW-hQdeBg

https://youtu.be/X5Wq59zJSi0

IMG_8025.jpg
My fancy design skills are lacking.

If anyone wants a latte come to the Bijou. Don’t worry about the 30mph winds and sideways rain. [emoji30]

Last edited:
A visit to Marina Liquidators is shaping up for this morning at 1030. If anyone needs a ride, let us know. My cell is 9 1 6 367 9003.

We'll probably go to lunch together after ML.

Tonight is Friday. That means pizza night at Moonstruck’s slip,B dock #46. In case of rain it will be held in the old captains lounge, upstairs over the dock master’s office. Time 6:00. Anyone needing the gate code to B dock send me a private message.

Don, will this be the venue for the “very special guest” or does that happen earlier?

Also, we may want to go ahead with the alternate venue as the wind will be brutal...regardless of rain.

John,

You are right. We will have it upstairs at the old captains lounge over the marina store. This can be considered an official announcement. Time is still 6:00 pm.

Wifey B: And who oh who are or is the mystery? I've got it....it's...

It's me, it's me. It's Ernest T. :rofl:

Don. Watfa has said if you would like you can hold your party on the Gotcha. We should be able to accommodate everyone inside out of the elements.

The door code for the captain’s lounge is 1-2-4-5.

How about a lottery as to who Don’s secret celebrity guest will be? My guess: Marin Faure.

Hi everyone, I just shot Don a message. I won't be able to come down and meet you all. The local winds here are gale force and are tearing some things apart here at the Center where I work. So I'll be here late and on call.

I was looking forward to finally putting some names and faces against all these mysterious CB handles. Perhaps next year. Take care and have fun.

BTW, the Indian River is really pretty right now - looks like it's snowing with all the white caps and blowing foam.

See post 448 for a clue to our special
Guest. Can you say serendipity? Dry nice surprise.

See post 448 for a clue to our special
Guest. Can you say serendipity? Dry nice surprise.

Wifey B: I guessed when Pilou posted, but only messaged her in private, not going to give away the secret. My guess was sort of unfair too as I knew she was in the country, not far away as she said in the post. You're all lucky to see Olivier and Pilou. Very nice and very interesting people. I miss them here. :)

Yes they are and it was quite the surprise, we all enjoyed meeting our brothers from another country. Don duu I d a great job of hiding his secret. Thanks Don for the “secret” and fir the great party last night.

A fun time was held by all.

They certainly brought class to our group.

Meeting you yesterday night can be summed in just four words : you all are wonderful. You welcome us with a big kindness and open arms, also with much tolerance for our more than average American-English speaking.

Beside the very great pleasure to meet with you individually and as such a friendly group, it was so good to put faces to names (or user names), as well (i mean about Pilou and I) to overcoming the language barrier. Indeed, we both ask for your forgiveness for the language issues we met sometimes in the past and our lack of understanding in which we had not always responded appropriately, we are truly sorry about that.

Last night, quite frankly we leaved you with the feeling which was as if we know each other since years, we love that.

Have a wonderful time and dinner tonight abord gorgeous Gotcha, no doubt that Irv and Watfa will spoil you.

We are looking forward to the next TF meeting.

Merci beaucoup à vous tous, thank you all, thank you to each one of you.

Olivier and Pilou

Last edited:
It was truly our honor and our pleasure!!! Very nice to meet y’all!!!

John

Olivier

I think I can speak for all, it was our extreme pleasure to meet you and Pilou after reading your posts on TF for years it was great to put a face on the posts. Your both very gracious and your English is great, I’m use to Watfa. :) We hope you and family enjoy your trip to the states and hopefully you make it back again soon.

Thanks also for my present, the coffee tasted better this morning.

Thanks for visiting with us you added some class to our group. Enjoy your trip.

Olivier and Pilou

Jewel and I really enjoyed meeting y’all, and your English is much better than my French! I’m sorry I made you drink the pink rum...

Bill and Jewel

Car dude to call that pink cactus Texas squeezing rum is like me saying Watfa is Snow White. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom