TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020...2/20-2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not the X rated captain stubbin I hope. :)

Once I can get my mate awake we will be heading to the marina, hopefully around noon.

OK guys and gals, I think it would be appropriate to do a roll call. Those already in the marina let us know. Those arriving later give us your ETA.

I will start it off with: Don and Lou with Bear, Slip 46 B Dock.

For those asking there are no pre-slip assignments. The Dock Master will fit you in anywhere he can find a space. Be sure to get a pump out before entering the marina. The pump out facility is not working due to construction.

Those needing gate code the dock master will give you the code. Other than that send me a private message and I will give you the code. The code has changed from last year,

We will miss RT and Healsustler again. Families take precedence. Looking forward to renewing old friendships and meeting some new faces.

We are going to have some very special guests stopping by the marina on Friday afternoon.

Jack (Sailor of Fortune) and I will be arriving at our AirBnB on South Hutchinson Island on Thurs eve around 1900. If anyone wants to gather on the marina docks after 1900 on Thurs, let us know. Don, Larry, Ted and Ian have my cellphone #. I'll check in with the gang when we arrive.

TFers, Start your engines, cool your fridges and ice your drinks! I'll be looking for those flashy TF burgees on the dock!

Ted on slow hand has arrived
Gotcha has arrived
Dick on courage has arrived

Don told me today he was bring somebody to see my boat. I told him to bring cash.

I'm on A dock slip 11. Dick is also on A dock, around the corner and down near the end. Gotcha (Irv & Warfa) are on the T head of B Dock.

Ted

We are planning to leave Stuart in the morning around 8-9am. I think it’s a 6 hour cruise?

Was the approach to the Ft Pierce marina fairly straightforward?

Last edited:
Trina & Ian will be arriving tomorrow evening via F150 and hoping for a slip in the parking lot.

Have fun you crazy kids. I wanted to visit, but instead I'm in Canada, wearing a jacket.

Life is good, had dinner with two good friends.

We land in Orlando at 1930(busy early in the day)....and then have to make the drive. Will likely hit Ft. Pioerce around 2230...ish. So we won't see y'all tomorrow but will check in when we wake up Friday morning! Safe travels to everyone.

PS...the weather is gonna suck!!

PSS....Saturday is National Margarita Day....just sayin'!!!!

We are almost there

OK guys and gals, I think it would be appropriate to do a roll call. Those already in the marina let us know. Those arriving later give us your ETA.

For those asking there are no pre-slip assignments. The Dock Master will fit you in anywhere he can find a space. Be sure to get a pump out before entering the marina. The pump out facility is not working due to construction.

Those needing gate code the dock master will give you the code. Other than that send me a private message and I will give you the code. The code has changed from last year,

We will miss RT and Healsustler again. Families take precedence. Looking forward to renewing old friendships and meeting some new faces.

We are going to have some very special guests stopping by the marina on Friday afternoon.

We are 30 minutes away by land yacht and can be there Friday and/or Saturday. Or even Thursday night.

Gordon and Eta

We hope to be there sometime Thursday evening, but of course, my procrastination, mechanical providrrs, and Murphy have me hoping that my new heat exchangers are actually delivered tomorrow. Should only be the work of an hour to put them in and get going, but ...
We are in Port St Lucie, so not far to go.
See you when we get there.
John and Priscilla, on La Vita Dolce

..... Should only be the work of an hour to put them in and get going, but ...

I have learned that jobs I think are going to be easy....aren't!!! I'm a little superstitious...I'd take that comment back!!!:rofl: ;) :angel:

We are planning to leave Stuart in the morning around 8-9am. I think it’s a 6 hour cruise?

Was the approach to the Ft Pierce marina fairly straightforward?
Stay in the channel to just before the bridge. Turn to port and have the row of white ball buoys on your port side. As you approach the 2 islands that you will go between, there will be day markers to go between. Favor the starboard (red) side as there is a dredge pipe near the green side, but out of the channel. Tide will be going out when you get here with a 2+ knot current pushing you away from the white balls and toward the bridge. Stay near the white balls. The channel starts to turn as you go through the islands and the current diminishes. Once inside, there will still be current but you will be pointing bow into it, so much easier to negotiate. Don't worry, we'll all be watching with video cameras. :rolleyes:

Ted

Last edited:
National Margarita Day. WTF. And I’ve got bottles of Flor de Cana.

If weather is bad Saturday night we can get people undercover on Gotcha.

Looking forward to rowdy times.

It's about 30 nautical miles from Stuart to Fort Pierce. Slack current will start around 3pm.

Ted

200.webp

RT we ain’t afraid of any patrol cars unless thy hey can float. :)

Yes Don pray tell, you said too much or not enough :).

It’s a pity I live so far away otherwise I would have come to see these surprise-guests, I love surprises.

Unless they should be mystery-guests ? :confused::angel:

It's about 30 nautical miles from Stuart to Fort Pierce. Slack current will start around 3pm.

Ted

Ok. Thanks. I think will slow down a bit and try to hit it at slack tide.

So Don, are these special guests like the special olympics? I don’t like surprises unless they are strippers. :)

Bijou has arrived. And we only hit a few other boats on the way in!

We are on the farthest floating side-tie dock near the rock jetty. Slip 34.

Did I hear something about a happy hour?

Last edited:
1700, slip 11 Dock A....Slow Hand.

Back
Top Bottom