2021 TF Gathering in SE FL: 02/17 - 02/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
By popular demand (by that I mean at least 2 requests) I have been asked to start a thread to pick the dates for the 2021 TF gathering . February seems to be a good month. If anyone has any hard dates such as Menzie’s annual trip to Rio, Capt. Jack’s work schedule, ski trips for any other hard dates let me know. I will endeavor to work around them.

Of course the pandemic could change everything.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Don

Probably be in my usual slip...let me know how I can help.

You know I'm in.

Ted

Working on ski dates now. But if virus settles down, will be leaving Stuart 2nd week in Feb for the Bahamas for 3-4 weeks before continuing on the Loop. Plans are fluid - pun intended.

We're new but would like to partake. Where do you'll meet?

Fort Pierce City Marina.

Book early...fills fast.

We're in, and this time we might be able to bring our boat, too. :)
John and Priscilla Sage

Fort Pierce City Marina sometime in Feb. Paul an Michael are in. Hope to be heading up the Hudson to lake champlain sometime after that. It'll work for us.

Capt Jack, what’s your work schedule?

Too bad for you Jack. Maybe Steve can make it.

I was waiting for you to set the schedule.

Can anyone recommend a place close by for a land yacht?
Would like to make it and may be in FL around that time. Staying in motorhome likely the only / best way to make it with a pet. Short drive OK as we usually have our toad (land dingy for nautical folks)

Roadrunner RV resort about 10 miles away. Nice, least expensive in area.

Contact Us | Road Runner Travel Resort | Fort Pierce

There is a large boat ramp ( closed for winter) parking lot next door to marina for parking RVs...where I keep mine 24x7 when boat at marina.

Not sure how Canadian travel will affect occupancy...but it is usually very busy...early reservations are best.

Can anyone recommend a place close by for a land yacht?
Would like to make it and may be in FL around that time. Staying in motorhome likely the only / best way to make it with a pet. Short drive OK as we usually have our toad (land dingy for nautical folks)

Just over the bridge in Hutchinson island, the marina has RV spots and Hookups. Al (flywright) and I stayed at Marina Air B and B last year. Very convenient to FP muni marina. Great spot

Roadrunner RV resort about 10 miles away. Nice, least expensive in area.

Contact Us | Road Runner Travel Resort | Fort Pierce

Just over the bridge in Hutchinson island, the marina has RV spots and Hookups. Al (flywright) and I stayed at Marina Air B and B last year. Very convenient to FP muni marina. Great spot

Thanks guys ill make a note and look into those.
I've tried 2 yrs but couldn't make it work. Will try again but this could be a difficult year for plans and travel???

Causeway Cove Marina and RV is very close and, naturally, right on the water. They also have an AirBnB Harbormaster House rental that I give :thumb::thumb:.

https://causewaycove.com/

Unfortunately, I won't be making it in 2021. I'll miss the festivities and camaraderie but hope to be able to return in 2022.

The problem with the causeway RV place is...

.... it only has a few RV spots, is expensive,, caters to slip renters, and if they resume gatherings there...they sometimes have large events even concerts....so not great for peace and quiet.

Where do you moor in SA? I'm an SA resident too.
Right now we're in Palm Coast at Hammock Beach Marina.
We were in Salt run on a ball, moved to SA marina on a ball at the fort. Too much boat wake. Moved to English Landing in San Sabastian river. Too dirty. Plastic bags clogging ac water pump. Ac sea stainer full of gunk in one week, etc.
So we moved down here in PC land. We're heading south to Sanibel Captiva, via Lake Okeechobee for fall and start of winter. Then we plan to hit the Keys before making our way up the Hudson to Lake Champlain late spring. Not sure about coming down Mississippi to complete the loop. Heard the Mississippi is boring and crowded with commercial track. Anyone? Thoughts on second part of the loop?

Don,
There’s also a KOA on.North US1 close to town.

We had friends that stayed there 2 years ago when we were in the marina. It is close to town, about 2 miles, with a brand new Publix next door and they have a small fenced in dog area. It’s small campground but worth considering.

Please advise dates as soon as convenient so I can make reservations. Thanks.

"Heard the Mississippi is boring and crowded with commercial track.
Anyone? Thoughts on second part of the loop?"

Make a U turn after a Chicago visit and run south via Lake Champlain if you came up the other way.

Some folks run the Ten Tom south , but it too is boring and commercial.

Folks going to & from the FL coasts via Lake O are welcome to stop , we usually have an open dock.

East of the Ortona Lock, check for space first.

Last edited:
Right now we're in Palm Coast at Hammock Beach Marina.
We were in Salt run on a ball, moved to SA marina on a ball at the fort. Too much boat wake. Moved to English Landing in San Sabastian river. Too dirty. Plastic bags clogging ac water pump. Ac sea stainer full of gunk in one week, etc.
So we moved down here in PC land. We're heading south to Sanibel Captiva, via Lake Okeechobee for fall and start of winter. Then we plan to hit the Keys before making our way up the Hudson to Lake Champlain late spring. Not sure about coming down Mississippi to complete the loop. Heard the Mississippi is boring and crowded with commercial track. Anyone? Thoughts on second part of the loop?

Rather than hijacking this thread with an unrelated discussion, consider starting a new thread to discuss Great Loop travel plans.

Pencil me in! Sylphide and I are hoping to make it to Flaaahhhrida this winter.

I will follow this. There’s a chance I could be in FL (sans boat, of course) in February, if Covid-19 permits...

Time to pick dates, it's only 6 months away and my social quarantining is filling up fast. :rolleyes:

Ted

Time to pick dates, it's only 6 months away and my social quarantining is filling up fast. :rolleyes:

Ted

OK, Ted. I’ve consulted the Ouija, and the Ouija says that arriving on the evening of Wednesday Feb. 17 and departing on. Sunday Feb. 21 would be good.

Of course, you’re welcome to come earlier and leave a little later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom