Tarpon Springs cruise / get together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a great party, hopefully some of you can make it to Ft. Pierce for the Gathering at the city marina in February. We are usually larger and more days but it’s fun as long as the women keep their clothes on and Ted behaves. :)

Wish I could have made it.

Jack...Chicken of the sea.

Steve...Champion of the beers.

Can’t wait for Ft Pierce and good times. :)

Barge Destroys Floating Restaurant/Marina Ohio River Bromley, KY

This is for Ted and Marty. Yesterday at lunch we were talking barge traffic. I mentioned this barge accident that happened three months ago, in October 2019, where a barge took out a floating restaurant/marina in Bromley, Kentucky, on the Ohio River.

The barge dragged part of the restaurant and a few boats from the marina downriver. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news...ucky/417-01751980-0e63-4d1b-a41b-95578063dc05

There are a few additional stories about it on the Google.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Attachments

• Ludlow Bromley 8.JPG
    Ludlow Bromley 8.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Ludlow Bromley 7.JPG
    Ludlow Bromley 7.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Ludlow Bromley 6.JPG
    Ludlow Bromley 6.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Ludlow Bromley 5.JPG
    Ludlow Bromley 5.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Ludlow Bromley 4.JPG
    Ludlow Bromley 4.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Ludlow Bromley 3.JPG
    Ludlow Bromley 3.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 39
What a nice group of boaters!! Too bad you guys and gals are missing this!

I’ll post pictures later.

CHEERS!

Thanks to Jay and Ted for putting this together. Good food and great company makes for a really nice afternoon. I enjoyed seeing some new faces from my invisible friends list. Bon Voyage to all.

Well another gathering of TF friends comes to an end. It was great to put faces to names and share cruising and boat stories. Many thanks to Jay and Debby for handling the lunch arrangements and the great weather. For those who missed it, "Should've been here", maybe next year. ;)

Tarpon Springs is a wonderful destination stop that caters to the more senior of us with a slower, friendlier pace. The municipal marinas was a good choice, although there are others that are equally good and near the sponge docks. The docks are new and can comfortably hold 50' × 15' boats. Everything was within a reasonable walk, larger grocery store maybe a little further. Simply, I'll come back for another long weekend.

Mrs. Trombley, was nice to meet you and your husband. Thanks for posting the pictures. Will have to read the articles about it.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom