Tarpon Springs cruise / get together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I cannot make it on 1/11

Despite best intentions...cannot join you on 1/11.

Hope there will be another "winter" get-together.

Bill

Can you please try to confirm about a week prior? If I am going to try to make a reservation I'll need good intel.
Thanks

Looks like we won’t be in the Tarpon Springs area on that date. We will be in St Pete area by boat.

It’s an exercise in futility in try to plan these outings, Don and Larry do a great job on the Ft Pierce gathering, a thankless job. It’s made more difficult because boaters won’t commit and then complain when they can’t get in.

Happy New Year all.

It’s an exercise in futility in try to plan these outings, Don and Larry do a great job on the Ft Pierce gathering, a thankless job. It’s made more difficult because boaters won’t commit and then complain when they can’t get in.

Happy New Year all.

Bigfish,

There's a lot of truth to that. Not easy to organize even the simplest of outings.

However, I've greatful for the folks like Jay (and yourself in other venues) for organizing this. I've been there many times, and realize that it can be a challenge.

Looking forward to this one.

Have we decided on a restaurant? My GF wants to know.

Rusty Bellies, Hellas, Demetries, Costas ??

Hi Jay
I just got back to the boat in Tarpon Springs. Can you put me down for the lunch as well. Just one.
Thanks
Martin

Hi Jay
I just got back to the boat in Tarpon Springs. Can you put me down for the lunch as well. Just one.
Thanks
Martin

Great. You’re in.
No decision yet on location. I want to wait a couple of days to get a headcount. If the group gets larger we may need reservations. If it stays like it is we can go anywhere.
I don’t care where we go because I can go there anytime.
Demetrius or Costas is what I would recommend but lots of people like Rusty,s and Hellas

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/UT1sf4UK1eQ

If this link works, it's the approach to the Municipal Marina at Tarpon Springs.
Taken from "Sea Level" my 17 ft center console.
Shows the docks and the last couple of minutes of the approach.
Ted and SeeVee hope it is of some usefulness to you.

Edit: it works!

I am going to go Monday or Tuesday into the village and talk with Dimitries to see if we need a reservation for as many that have signed up by then.

Was just at Rusty's for lunch and they really don't have much other than fried fish/food you can get anywhere along any coast. Dimitries is authentic Greek and when in the Sponge docks as they say.

For those who have never been there, expect to pay $5 for parking (all day)in one of the various lots.

Anyone else who plans on attending please post asap.
Thanks.

https://youtu.be/UT1sf4UK1eQ

If this link works, it's the approach to the Municipal Marina at Tarpon Springs.
Taken from "Sea Level" my 17 ft center console.
Shows the docks and the last couple of minutes of the approach.
Ted and SeeVee hope it is of some usefulness to you.

Edit: it works!
Thanks Jay.
It looks like there's adequate room and pretty straightforward.

Ted

I am going to go Monday or Tuesday into the village and talk with Dimitries to see if we need a reservation for as many that have signed up by then.

Was just at Rusty's for lunch and they really don't have much other than fried fish/food you can get anywhere along any coast. Dimitries is authentic Greek and when in the Sponge docks as they say.

For those who have never been there, expect to pay $5 for parking (all day)in one of the various lots.

Anyone else who plans on attending please post asap.

Thanks.

Myself and gf will drive over from Orlando once there is a commitment to time, date and place.

Ok guys, it's down to the wire pretty much. Either Friday or Monday/Tuesday I plan on going into Tarpon springs and see about a reservation.
So far I only count 8 which means we really don't need a reservation.
I have:
Ted =2
Capt Jack =2
SeeVee =2

JLeonard =1

IF I MISSED someone please type up asap.

IF you have not decided, you can only procrastinate another couple of days.
Come join us.

Happy New Year everyone.
See ya on the sponge docks.

Jay,
My buddy isn't coming. His wife is heading to the doctor's office, can't be good.

Ted

Sorry to hear that Ted. Let's hope for the best.

So far:
Ted - 1
Jay - 1
Cpt Jack- 2
SeeVee - 2
McGillicuddy - 2

That totals 8 if my addition is correct.
With that number I am not going to get a reservation. I think we can find room.
So let's say Dimitries at 1:45 -2:00 sat 1-11.
If for some reason they are crowded we can all walk next door or across the street to another place.

I plan on being in the village early, probably will be at the marina visiting.
860-830-2530 is my cell#

Sorry we will miss you

Tried to get a slip but nothing available for our size. Checked on Turtle Cove but troubled by the shallow water and small slip comments on AC. We hope a good time is had by all, perhaps we can meet you all another time.

Tried to get a slip but nothing available for our size. Checked on Turtle Cove but troubled by the shallow water and small slip comments on AC. We hope a good time is had by all, perhaps we can meet you all another time.

I berthed my 52’ x 16’ trawler on two separate trips at Turtle Cove. No issues whatsoever. Draft 4’8”. Don’t know who says you can’t but I will say it shouldn’t be a problem. Even at low low water I remained afloat. The first time I stayed 6 weeks. The second time just 4 days. One of my favorite Florida towns.

Two more coming, Admiral and myself (Eva & Larry). Boss wants to drive up to catch the Mermaid Show at nearby Crystal River, so we’ll be at Tarpon Springs to catch you guys. Please let me know if Ted’s boat is anywhere close. I’ll bring my welding goggles just in case.

Ok got it.
I’ll have to go into the village and make a reservation with the latest additions.
I will advise if the location changes.

Mermaid show is in Weekee Wachi which is about 45-55 minute drive north of Tarpon Springs.

Last edited:
Hey there everyone
Sorry for the late reply but the wife and I would like to come ifs there is room for us

Nancy and Del- into the mystic/Tarpon Springs

And so it begins. Slow Hand was underway making way at 8am for Tarpon Springs. ETA early afternoon on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

Ted

Hi Guys
Just chatting to the Manager Larry Kornreich about this coming weekend, and berthing.
He mentioned if anyone is stuck for a berth he could probably help up to 45-46 ft. It's the marina I'm in but the available berths are across the river at Capt Jacks. If anyone is interested just give him a ring 727 937 1100

That's what I count as of now.

I have a confirmed reservation at Dimitris for 2 pm on Saturday.
I'm using this as a final count.
Please be on time.
For those who are not familiar with this area, you probably want to get to the sponge docks by 1:30. You will have to pay to park in one of the lots ($5), that will take a few minutes. Saturday foot traffic should be pretty heavy at that time so it may take a few more minutes to reach Dimitris.
If you get there early there is plenty to see and do for a while before and/or after lunch. You can always take a picture in front of the hanging plastic shark in the center courtyard (come on we all have at least one of those).

Will see y'all Saturday.
Again, my cell is 860-830-2530. (Sometimes it even rings)
Jay

For those that haven't been keeping track, tomorrow is the lunch. As far as weather, Jay did a wonderful job in the arranging for 3 nice days (Friday through Sunday) with highs in the upper 70s and lows in the 60s with no rain. There will be a nice breeze tomorrow with low humidity.

Time for me to figure out where dinner will be tonight. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Ted

Hubby Dan and I had not "planned" (I tend to use scare quotes around this word) to be at home in St. Petersburg this weekend. But we are.

I rang Jay last night and asked if we could attend the afternoon get-together. He graciously said yes, and encouraged us to attend, even though my request was last minute. Thank you, Jay.

Looking forward to meeting other local and non-local members of the TF Boating Club.

Cheers,
Mrs. Pea Trombley

What a nice group of boaters!! Too bad you guys and gals are missing this!
I’ll post pictures later.
CHEERS!

Came by?

Oh well we came by and realized no seats left, our fault for not responding and reserving earlier- the staff had us waiting for seats- next time !! we are just walking around the docks now and will be checking out the slips on the docks. We bring our trawler back to the docks in a few weeks. We will post when we are here again with our boat and all that are in area will be welcome to come by for a drink and to say Hi! ?

Group pic and "the list".

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 2A42CDEB-EB23-4D14-A858-67C98B8A4A00.jpg
    2A42CDEB-EB23-4D14-A858-67C98B8A4A00.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom