Soon to be Heading East

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
With Hmason's shoes in hand off to the abaco's we flea the evening of Wednesday! First stop is going to be Green Turtle Cay.

Last edited:
I was going to ask if that 105lb CQR for sale came with a new pair of shoes .
Man that sounds like a nice trip .We have friends in Treasure Cay . They own a real estate company and live right across from the Marina at Treasure . They also have a small cottage on an island by itself across from Green Turtle . Are you going to sneak into Man o War and get some canvas goodies ? Have fun breaking in those new shoes .

I was going to ask if that 105lb CQR for sale came with a new pair of shoes .
Man that sounds like a nice trip .We have friends in Treasure Cay . They own a real estate company and live right across from the Marina at Treasure . They also have a small cottage on an island by itself across from Green Turtle . Are you going to sneak into Man o War and get some canvas goodies ? Have fun breaking in those new shoes .

Wow, very nice.

Yes we're going to take the dink probably over to Man-O-War and get some stuff at the sail shop. And check out the nice beach there.

Last time in GTC we stayed a night at Black Sound Marina and met the owner, Roy Boles. Super nice guy. He retired awhile back, moved to GTC and bought this quaint little marina. Not fancy but not very pricey either IIRC. Roy lives at the marina most of the time on big custom houseboat he designed, and he regularly takes that big brick out to explore other areas of the Abacos. I think he is a retired engineer.

Roy really makes you feel at home at his marina-- he even let us borrow his golf cart to explore GTC.

http://youtu.be/LFGcZQdPL2k

Last time in GTC we stayed a night at Black Sound Marina and met the owner, Roy Boles. Super nice guy. He retired awhile back, moved to GTC and bought this quaint little marina. Not fancy but not very pricey either IIRC. Roy lives at the marina most of the time on big custom houseboat he designed, and he regularly takes that big brick out to explore other areas of the Abacos. I think he is a retired engineer.

Roy really makes you feel at home at his marina-- he even let us borrow his golf cart to explore GTC.

http://youtu.be/LFGcZQdPL2k

We'll take the dink over and check it out. Can't get in black sound with our draft. We'll be staying at GTC Club.

Oliver,

He's quite the fisherman as well so you two should get along great. Maybe he will tell you where they are biting.

I want to be like Roy when I grow up. ?

Oliver,

He's quite the fisherman as well so you two should get along great. Maybe he will tell you where they are biting.

I want to be like Roy when I grow up. ?

Sweet will get in touch with him.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427926876.258714.jpg
Andddd we're off!!!!

Cool. Hope the weather is better than the last crossing.

What's the reason for crossing at night?

Cool. Hope the weather is better than the last crossing.

What's the reason for crossing at night?

On a short schedule. Need to make the most of our time.

We made it. Left FTL at about 6PM and arrived at Spanish Cay at 3PM. We made great time, averaged 9kts in the GS. Low bandwidth Internet so no pics, GTC tomorrow.

Wow. 9 knots. That's gettin it.

We are heading out across Lake Okechobee tomorrow at about 6.5 kn, heading to FFs dock, then to the Cape Coral area.

Not as cool as your cruise, but I gotta start somewhere!

Pics when you can!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428102921.061776.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428102938.864322.jpg

They're not all in order just various shots of various places. We're currently in GTC, took the tender over to Treasure for lunch. Marsh Harbour is next maybe the day after tomorrow .

Damn. Those are nice. That first pic is killer.

Now off the coast of Delray, saw Ski's boat this morning in West End preparing to leave but didn't get to meet him.

Back
Top Bottom