NY cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4fun1

Vessel Name
No Worries
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44
Although it was 95 degrees out, we took a ride up the Jersey Shore to Manhattan. Seas were a gentle 1 to 2 footers.

On the way up we spotted 2 pods of Dolphins feeding on the bait fish.

Then just off of Sandy Hook we spotted a Humpback Whale ahead of us. Beautiful site. It sort of a scare when it surfaced right next to the boat just outside of our white water from the bow. It seemed like I could reach down and touch it.

We then cruised under the Verrazano Bridge and up to Lady Liberty. What an awesome feeling that is.

Continuing up the Hudson until we passed the USS Intrepid.

Made are way back home after that.

Just when we thought all the excitement was over, we spot another whale.

Unbelievable day. 20200720_134143.jpg20200720_140808.jpg20200720_142951.jpg20200720_143452.jpg20200720_143533.jpg

Great report, thanks! That is one of our absolute most favorite cruises. Have you ever circumnavigated Manhattan? That's a lot of fun too.

Great report, thanks! That is one of our absolute most favorite cruises. Have you ever circumnavigated Manhattan? That's a lot of fun too.
Now that is too funny. We were just talking about doing that. Maybe anchor overnight behind the statue, go further up the Hudson then return going around Manhattan on the East River.

Now that is too funny. We were just talking about doing that. Maybe anchor overnight behind the statue, go further up the Hudson then return going around Manhattan on the East River.

We did exactly that, except counter clockwise. Sometimes you have to wait a bit to get an opening from the Spuyten railroad bridge at the entrance into the Harlem River. Note that the other HR bridges won't open, so be aware of clearance and tide if that's an issue.

Nice writeup and photos. Thanks for taking us along. I'd sacrifice my left one to be able to cruise on waters where you can see all of that.

Keep the cruise notes and photos coming, please.

We've circumnavigated in our Rib's and that was even more fun than in the boat.

There is still no approach that we've ever made to a city that rivaled the approach to NYC.

Nice cruise pix, 4fun1!
I couldn't resist uploading my 2019 picture of the approach to another large city. Not as dramatic as NYC, but "relevant" ;-)

Attachments

• SL1.jpg
    SL1.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 19
Nice cruise pix, 4fun1!
I couldn't resist uploading my 2019 picture of the approach to another large city. Not as dramatic as NYC, but "relevant" ;-)
A little lady, nice[emoji16]

We've circumnavigated in our Rib's and that was even more fun than in the boat.

There is still no approach that we've ever made to a city that rivaled the approach to NYC.
Sounds like fun but not in my little 9 footer.

Nice writeup and photos. Thanks for taking us along. I'd sacrifice my left one to be able to cruise on waters where you can see all of that.

Keep the cruise notes and photos coming, please.
Thanks.

We did exactly that, except counter clockwise. Sometimes you have to wait a bit to get an opening from the Spuyten railroad bridge at the entrance into the Harlem River. Note that the other HR bridges won't open, so be aware of clearance and tide if that's an issue.
I will definitely check the bridge heights. I need a little over 25 feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom