Looking for Charter Company in NC or SC to Cruise the ICW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My last policy allowed up to 5 charters a year, no additional anything.

I don't remember if it could be bareboat..probably not...but lets not make this scarier than it is....the right companies insure lots of combinations all the time.

Ski I think is talking a skiff fleet...not a personal vessel.

Really not hard to insure. And certainly very inadvisable without insuring.

If you are in Charlotte, the SC coast is probably closer!

If you are in Charlotte, the SC coast is probably closer!

When we were in Charlotte, we just boated on the lake. The good thing is that at that time we had no idea how wonderful coastal and long cruising could be. When all you've done is the lake, then it's pretty tremendous. Charlotte to Myrtle Beach 175 miles, 3 1/2 hours but can be much more than that. Wilmington NC is 200 miles and also 3 1/2 hours. But here's the one that surprises most. Charleston SC 210 miles but only 3 hours 20 minutes as interstate all the way. Our only trips to the beach were to Myrtle Beach. Our family (we adopted them as our parents and sister) is there.

For us, the lake was 100 ft and 2 minutes. We'd figured retirement would be in the distant future and debated the coast vs. the Tennessee River.

For Johnny who started this thread and then it got way off track: Sonny no longer has that trawler that was mentioned in the second or third post for charter. It was a Mariner 37, a nice cruising boat that would have been perfect.

I guess that means there are no trawlers available for charter in NC.

I tried calling about it a few weeks ago, and the gentleman i spoke with said that "The guy you need to talk to about that isn't here right now, but if you leave me your name and number I'll have him call ya back."

Never heard anything back.

He probably sold it. It's not only been available for charter, but for sale the whole time too.

Back
Top Bottom