Destin, FL Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SeaSide, ugh. Gouda Stuff, ech.

FlyWright if you don't stay away from that kind of stuff lace will start growing on your underwear. Go West to Perdido Key where the Alabama/Florida border splits the island. To redeem yourself go the the FloraBama Lounge that is split by the state line. Better still be there for the Interstate Mullet Toss. Kenny Stabler will sometimes be there to toss the first mullet. Now that's redneck in the heart of the redneck riviera.

Interstate Mullet Toss and Gulf Coast's Greatest Beach Party

Very true, but we had to allow the women to have some fun, too. I got to fish and they got to shop and we all ate well...with everyone happy at the end of the day! That's more our style! I'll leave the mullets and the banjos to you, Don.

I'll leave the mullets and the banjos to you, Don.

I dunno about mullets, but I think I'm starting to hear banjos as Don has threatened a Southern invasion of Downeast. Is he getting closer?

Well, we're back and survived our Destin trip with no wounds or arrests...

Always a good thing! Booking numbers are highly overrated! Lol.

Activities... Airboat Adventures (budget hokey operation, but fun for an hour.

Wish I'd known. Might have been able to set you up with a local (non commercial) operator who may have given you a different view.

...Hanging out on the white sand beach (Note: The only thing whiter than the sand was the demographics!)...

Roflmao...

I dunno about mullets, but I think I'm starting to hear banjos as Don has threatened a Southern invasion of Downeast. Is he getting closer?

The invasion is on. Plan is to start north Tuesday. David, it is not nice trying to scare us off with fake snow pictures. You should be ashamed.

The invasion is on. Plan is to start north Tuesday. David, it is not nice trying to scare us off with fake snow pictures. You should be ashamed.

Thanks for the warning Don. Unfortunately, the pic was not a fake. But, fortunately, it was from up in what we call the "County" (Aroostook County), which is as far North and as close to those poor permanently frozen Canadians as one can get in Maine.

:eek::eek::eek: What? Am I reading this right? David, did you really invite the Moon unit to your state? :facepalm: Are you two getting together?

You know his boat travels at triple the speed of our tubs so he can be there before you know it. I hope you're ready for him!! :D:D:D

Wish I was going to be there!! :flowers:

:eek::eek::eek: What? Am I reading this right? David, did you really invite the Moon unit to your state? :facepalm: Are you two getting together?

You know his boat travels at triple the speed of our tubs so he can be there before you know it. I hope you're ready for him!! :D:D:D

Wish I was going to be there!! :flowers:

Invite? Did the North "invite" Lee to cross the Mason-Dixon Line? :nonono:

I believe he's coming via some species of land yacht. Theoretically even faster than by water.

And you are welcome anytime. I think.

Last edited:
Not a metro-bone in my body, but you're right - I don't own camo anything but my oldest brother owns little that is not camo.

When Baby was planning her wedding, the soon-to-be brother-in-law said he was going to wear camo to the wedding. She said she'd shoot him. He said "Which gun?" Baby said "Glock" and he changed his mind about camo.

But then she started thinking about it, and opted for camo down the center of the tables at the reception. The groomsmen all wore camo vests.

Baby had a camo garter and was beautiful.

P.S. - You were in FL... presumably because Oliver was across the state all shoes remained accounted for?

Back
Top Bottom