Old 12-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #101
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: To me the most beautiful people there would be the 80+ year old couple with all her wrinkles and his big belly and when they look at each other you'd think they're both still teens.
Well put! You got Soul! Honestly... I knew that from previous posts.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #102
Veteran Member

City: LOng island
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
I didn't find a "nudeboater.com" but did find a site called "cruisenude.com" and an accompanying video... (It's NSFW)
Cool find! I am currently confident with my body but not sure I would wanna be nude in front of that many ppl. Lol .. I need to find a small group of nudist boaters to sail or cruise with.. Itís not about peoples looks fore me and age donít matter to me just think it would be a nice free feeling experience with a few nice people ..
Nothernbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:13 PM   #103
Ted
Guru

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Okisollo
Clothing "OPTIONAL"

Quote:
Wifey B: To me the most beautiful people there would be the 80+ year old couple with all her wrinkles and his big belly and when they look at each other you'd think they're both still teens.

I'm glad the option is there, neither my wife or I would go without.

However, we don't quite meet all your specs;
not quite 80+, but not far
wrinkles (I didn't really notice)
big belly not yet
as for the other, see pic

Taken Dec. 23, 2015, 50th wedding anniversery
Didn't make the 52nd, cancer took her May 7th,2017

Ted
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20151223_191249365.jpg  
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #104
Art
Guru

Dear Ted

May days ahead lighten your weight and may your wife's future "life" be kind.

I'm very sorry for you both.

Art
Old 12-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #105
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Quote:

I'm glad the option is there, neither my wife or I would go without.

However, we don't quite meet all your specs;
not quite 80+, but not far
wrinkles (I didn't really notice)
big belly not yet
as for the other, see pic

Taken Dec. 23, 2015, 50th wedding anniversery
Didn't make the 52nd, cancer took her May 7th,2017

Ted
Wifey B: Sadness and joy so mixed together. Sad you're apart, but joy in your expression of love and knowing that to each other you were the two most beautiful people in the world and always will be.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Dear Ted very sorry for your loss.. Seems like you guys had a beautiful Bond one that a young man like me hopes and dreams to build ...
Old 05-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Anyone enjoy it lately? Hoping to finally try it out this season...
Old 05-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #108

City: Fort Lauderdale
Whatís the big deal?

As a professional, full-time Captain, I see if about every single day. I have seen it on charters that I run, and I have seen it while cruising (saw six boats on the way from Fort Lauderdale to Chub Cay in the Bahamas with people cruising naked.

I think the thing to remember is that your boat is your property, and in Florida, when you are on your own property, as long as you are not being lewd, there is no law against it…FL Supreme Court has ruled as such. But on the water, where we all go to relax, why not? No clothes means less laundry to run, less water to waste, fewer chemicals released into the ocean, etc. etc. My question really is why don’t more admit to doing it?

As far as the physical condition of those doing so, who are we to comment on such things? The people that do it probably don’t care what you think because they are not doing it for your enjoyment…they are doing it for theirs. I say, more power to them
CaptDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:02 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply CaptDavid.. I haven’t checked this post in years and still have t found the right situation to enjoy this. Hopefully this summer but the waters in NY got so crowded the last few years and no privacy on my CC has kept me hesitant.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:28 AM   #110
Guru

City: Saint Petersburg
Vessel Name: Weebles
Vessel Model: 1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Curious thread. "Clothing optional" means different things to different people, from practical to purient. Here are some situations you might leverage depending on your tastes:

I have nudist friends who just enjoy being unfettered and plan their vacations around it. Best I can tell, there's nothing sexual or purient, just a preference. Some folks prefer polo-shirts, some t-shirts, some no-shirt. Privacy isn't a concern with them, but they have their own sense of modesty so don't flaunt their preference

And then there are group-dynamics. Lubricated by alcohol, a group of people on a boat is ripe for someone to decide to take a swim topless (or totally naked) which breaks the ice. Recently saw a bachelorette party of middle-aged soccor moms with too much wine get a bit 'unfettered.'

And then there are the sex-centric folks. I used to drive an 84-foot dinner cruise boat on SF Bay. Once a year we'd have a charter of about 40 people who had all sorts of fetishes (nakedness being the tamest by far) and just wanted to be on their private floating island for a few hours.

For my wife and I, we are pretty modest but practical. We love being in hot weather and will take a dip every hour or so to cool-off. What we hate is putting on a damp swimsuit so it's just easier to go naked. We're fairly modest so not something we'd do in a group, though it has happened once or twice (usually with some liquid courage). I would think for Nothrnbay's purposes, this would start the glide-path to wherever you want to be on the "clothing optional" scale. What I doubt works very well is to say "Hey, who want's to go out on my boat next Saturday? I've declared in 'clothing optional' day!" That said, I have a friend who runs a gay-centric B&B in Florida and his Clothing Optional pool is his lead marketing tagline. Works well for him.

Good luck.

Peter
Old 05-19-2022, 09:52 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply Pete much appreciated. I’m modest myself just enjoy the idea of the freedom and being outdoors natural and comfortable. Definitely not sex-centric still young , in shape and no problems in that dept where I have to look online lol.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:54 AM   #112
Guru

City: Port Townsend Washington
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
I for one thinks its a great thing when practiced by other boats in hot weather, especially in a crowded anchorages full of young aspiring super models.
HW
hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #113
Veteran Member

Lol I agree ��
Old 05-19-2022, 11:17 AM   #114
Art
Guru

IMO - Being completely Naked is for FUN applications. Protective clothing on genitals is for safety; of specific FUN application areas. I love to have FUN. Also like to safely protect that which provides much of the FUN!
Old 05-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #115
Veteran Member

I agree.. Most of the time im
Deckhanding or running a boat I’m offshore tuna fishing and don’t wanna be nude for that. Cruising around on a relaxing day or on the anchor is when I picture enjoying this.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:30 AM   #116

City: Colonial Beach, VA
Vessel Name: Tatoosh
Vessel Model: 1979 49ft Marine Trader RPH
We do it all the time. With like-minded friends though. Can't do it with our vanilla friends. They don't get it. :-)
Old 05-19-2022, 11:35 AM   #117
Veteran Member

I need to find like minded friends that are not looking to just kill big fish lol
Old 05-19-2022, 11:38 AM   #118

City: Colonial Beach, VA
Vessel Name: Tatoosh
Vessel Model: 1979 49ft Marine Trader RPH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothernbay View Post
I need to find like minded friends that are not looking to just kill big fish lol

Lol! Nice!
Old 05-19-2022, 02:11 PM   #119
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: One thing that has changed this a bit is the number of drones around. So privacy when nude on board, may not be what it once was. Look at all the Haulover shots of boats full of bikinied girls. So, today it means wait until further from shore.

At home, on our patio, by our pool, and on the boat, we use our version of movie ratings to distinguish levels of undress and activity. When we have children around or those who we think might be bothered by more, then we are PG 13. That is our color "red" as in stop. Bikinis, bathing trunks, but no nudity. No disrespecting kids or guests.

Next is R or "yellow" and nudity allowed, but no overt public sexual activity. Includes skinny dipping and wondering around boat naked. Hot tub. Lots of lotion. Still just to protect against both sun and wind and for comfort, we'll typically toss light covers on, still might be very revealing but protective and more comfortable when sitting.

Last is X or "green" as in anything goes. More typically a night time smaller group involved. Nothing like making love under the stars while on the flybridge at night.

Time and place for everything without offending others.

I loved hearing our 7, almost 8, year old niece, Aurora, explaining to friends of our inlaws at a wedding reception by our pool. The lady seemed somewhat shocked. With Aurora it was so matter of fact, nothing bad about it. She said yellow was when she wasn't around but not like she hadn't seen me or her mom naked and we'd sure seen her naked and as far as sex, she sure knew we all had it, otherwise if he mom didn't, she'd not be here. In-law mom though it was hilarious how it wasn't anything big to Aurora but was so shocking to her long time employee and friend to hear.

By now, all those who regularly are at our home or travel with us on our boat are comfortable with nudity. None are surprised to see any of us walk by them naked.

One thing I've learned over the years too is that once you decide nudity is fine and no big deal, then you wear what makes you comfortable. If naked, you sit on towels, or you put on a light sundress. Full nudity isn't the most comfortable thing for most men so may do it for swimming and walking around but sitting most prefer some form of shorts. You learn what works for you. It's like swimming, in the pool at home, I greatly prefer naked, in good safe waters, I do, but dropping anchor and where various sea creatures around and even twigs or things, I like a little more protection.

Also, I limit nudity in the sun as I don't want skin cancer.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #120
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Long before drones and other intrusive ways of observing people expecting privacy, USCG helos checked vessels to ensure that naked people laying prone in vessels were OK and no foul play indicated...especially if bodies appeared on top of one another.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote