Bahamas Open To Boaters With Stipulations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
It's open.

You need a certified negative COVID test that is less that 10 days old then apply for the health card on line.. There has been a recent glitch in the system where people with negative tests were denied but it looks like that has now been resolved.

Travel health card submittal here: https://travel.gov.bs/

Read here for some recent issues: http://abacoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16736

Enjoy if you get over. We usually go for three months every spring, so will miss out this year.

After July 7th the window from the date of your test to clearing in goes from 10 to 7 days. Just an FYI. It's a tight window.

After July 7th the window from the date of your test to clearing in goes from 10 to 7 days. Just an FYI. It's a tight window.

It seems like you need to get tested in West Palm or wherever you are planning on leaving from. The issue then is making sure you have a crossing window after you get the results!

We probably won't be going this year by boat, mores the pity. Though I haven't ruled it out the better half has!

My boat has been stuck in Nassau since March and I'm flying back next week.

Here is some experience on applying for the Bahamas Health Visa:

You need to have a negative Covid PCR test within 7 days of arrival.

It's not so easy to find a lab that will do the Covid PCR swab test unless you are experiencing symptoms. After calling around, I found an Urgent Care that would do the test for work requirements or if a co-worker has tested positive. It's best not to say you are experiencing symptoms since this info will probably be printed on your results.

The nasal swab test is not pleasant.

It's also not so easy to find a lab that doesn't take 4-7 days to get you results. Make sure you ask. The lab told me 48 hours, but it actually took 4 days.

When filing the Bahamas Heath Visa online, don't use Apple's Safari. It doesn't work with the e-form.

The Health Visa result seems to be automated with the results determined, to a large part, by the zip code you use. Risk will be higher if you use a zip code from a hot spot. I know of someone rejected using a New Orleans Zip.

The website will return an email almost immediately if you fill out the application properly. If you don't see an email, check your spam or reapply.

My boat has been stuck in Nassau since March and I'm flying back next week.

Here is some experience on applying for the Bahamas Health Visa:

You need to have a negative Covid PCR test within 7 days of arrival.

It's not so easy to find a lab that will do the Covid PCR swab test unless you are experiencing symptoms. After calling around, I found an Urgent Care that would do the test for work requirements or if a co-worker has tested positive. It's best not to say you are experiencing symptoms since this info will probably be printed on your results.

The nasal swab test is not pleasant.

It's also not so easy to find a lab that doesn't take 4-7 days to get you results. Make sure you ask. The lab told me 48 hours, but it actually took 4 days.

When filing the Bahamas Heath Visa online, don't use Apple's Safari. It doesn't work with the e-form.

The Health Visa result seems to be automated with the results determined, to a large part, by the zip code you use. Risk will be higher if you use a zip code from a hot spot. I know of someone rejected using a New Orleans Zip.

The website will return an email almost immediately if you fill out the application properly. If you don't see an email, check your spam or reapply.

Thanks for the info. We used an in home test from lab Corp. They mail you the test, you self test, following their very clear instructions, and fed ex it back to them. Their website says results within 1 to 2 days from receipt of test.

Their directions state in bold letters not to insert the swab too far, no further than the cotton tip of the swab and swirl around each nostril 3 or more times. It was no big deal.

We took our tests on the 3rd and plan to cross on the 8th. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t delay.

I wonder for how long this will continue considering the spiking numbers of positive cases in the USA. Especially here in Florida (10K+ yesterday). And even though I’m from SE Fl, and typically can be found in the Abacos, I wouldn’t blame them for closing up again.

How is the medical support in the Bahamas? I have never been there but wouldn’t want to get the virus where isn’t adequate medical care.

Back
Top Bottom