6000miles to Rio in 2 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Britt,
I´m not retired yet, I´m still working but about 4 /5 times a year we´re going to Caribean to cruise.
I intend to move to Florida in the end of the year and to cruise more with more time.
If you want, come and enjoy our boat at St. Maarten and we can prepare some Muqueca for you :)
Now, we´re going next 27 and stay there until March 16

sounds good. Thanks for the invitation and one of these days i will take you up on your invitation. Muqueca??..I'll have to look that one up:)
I did look the dish up and it sounds delicious

It is

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Dende is palm oil from dende nuts. Is an African original brought to Brazil and it landed in my neighborhood.
We don't eat fermented fish in Brazil. We drink fermented stuff but we do not eat it.

Attachments

• 534499c9aa38b7f64b508c4e12de94c9.jpg
    534499c9aa38b7f64b508c4e12de94c9.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 67040040m.jpg
    67040040m.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 73
  • dende-dieta.jpg
    dende-dieta.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 74867501.jpg
    74867501.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I already lifted the boat to the hurricane season, in June I'll became grandpa and I'll have to work in the Olympics until the end of September.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

I was an Olympic Rower in Montreal '76, than the Head of the Brazilian Olympic Rowing Team in London 2012.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Sergio=congrats on the Olympic accomplishments! Being in an Olympics has to one of the coolest things ever! Are you involved with the water events at Rio? How is the water quality controversy doing now?

I was an Olympic Rower in Montreal '76, than the Head of the Brazilian Olympic Rowing Team in London 2012.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Wow!:thumb:....That took lots of dedication and hard hard work to accomplish. Thank you for sharing

With your skills you will never have to concern yourself with running out of fuel because you can always row to port.:)...te..he...

The water for the rowing, in the lagoon, is god but the water for the sailing, in the Guanabara bay is polluted.

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

? yes, I can row if I have motor probkems ? a 25 tons boat ??

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

? yes, I can row if I have motor probkems ? a 25 tons boat ??

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

:thumb: Sure you can, just won't be winning any races. You would be surprised at how little it takes to move a heavy boat if you just apply a little gentle presure.:)

Off topic: There have been five deaths at Charleston harbour entrane at the mouth of Coos bay this year already. The last one, Capt. Barkley, crossed the bar and was idleing in the bay in flat still conditions when his 65ft crab boat just turned over and sank in 35ft of water. He was trapped inside crew survived. They tried to re float the vessel and thats when they found his body. The ballons they were using to refloat wouldn't hold so the boat was never recovered and by now is likely buried in the sand so we will never learned why the vessel sank. Happened two weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom