2021 TF Gathering in SE FL: 02/17 - 02/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics. We folks freezing our tails off need pics. ?

Baccus hopefully you can make it. 2022 appears to be the mega Ft Pierce gathering.
I guess all I can promise is to give it a genuine try!
I thought this year was it but Covid had other plans.
Scheduled for 2nd shot Sun and hope to skove off with the land yacht early next week Wx dependant.
Have a cold one for me.
If we do make it in 2022 we may push for a toga night to celebrate!?!

Crabbys was av45 min wait. We are going for food, and will try to get here earlier tomorrow
Slainte!

Had a great dinner at The S & S, just up Ave A and left at 148 Depot Drive. Small, great food, great service.
Steak Oscar and roast duck. Yum.
Try them.

John. Sorry we missed you, we just got back from the barbecue joint. We will see you tomorrow.

Damn dude. That sucks! Can you not get to the boat and live there for awhile?

I’ve had some pipe bursting problems here in Victoria. Thought I had the sprinkler feed pipe wrapped OK but guess not good enough for 14 degrees, because it broke.

One of my kids goes to UT in Austin and their apartment complex has lost all water but they still have power luckily. They are cooking snow for toilet flushing. [emoji30]

Can't take the chance from those I've talked to. The moment the water it back on then you'll have many more burst pipes from those frozen and thawing. As to the snow, it's amazing how little water snow creates when melted, also how slowly it melts. I've talked to those using it for toilets, than multiple buckets in their bath tubs waiting for need.

We feel for all those in Texas and please don't label this a natural disaster, nope it's a human managed disaster by a reliability council of all the irony.

Yes the temps to freeze the wind power generators were natural, people depending on new technology was man made.

Yes the temps to freeze the wind power generators were natural, people depending on new technology was man made.

I’m sure ERCOT believes anyone can make a mistake . . .

Attachments

• 37D64FCF-7A45-44C8-9341-6D16BC1D6050.jpeg
    37D64FCF-7A45-44C8-9341-6D16BC1D6050.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 20
Sorta glad the get together is on its way and this thread is not really needed any longer.

Other than some pics and after action reports.

Till next year.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. ps. Oh no you don't. What about the photographic "evidence" OR are you trying to hide incriminating pic's already?

These are purportedly from last year...

136685646_255214712689831_7529610858101575258_n.jpg

133529668_250106123200690_4470293866589960914_n.jpg

Beer store run...

148932042_10224387817221073_6520150061631249937_n.jpg

Oh my!

149145455_1055779071572778_4028686530604276480_n.jpg

I think the"incriminating posts" are by those that have never been.

RT. I remember each and everyone of those members. I’m sure this year you will have even more candid poses for us. I’ve got the bail money and connections with the local constabulary.

Tonight is pizza night compliments of Very Slow Hand hopefully in the upstairs clubhouse and tomorrow night is Miss Watfa’s major feed on Gotcha on C dock, come hungry and thirsty.

Damn dude. That sucks! Can you not get to the boat and live there for awhile?

I’ve had some pipe bursting problems here in Victoria. Thought I had the sprinkler feed pipe wrapped OK but guess not good enough for 14 degrees, because it broke.

One of my kids goes to UT in Austin and their apartment complex has lost all water but they still have power luckily. They are cooking snow for toilet flushing. [emoji30]

We got power last night. As far as living on the boat.....it was definitely one of the options. I did go down there though it it went further down the option list as the docks were coated in ice. Just waking on them presented a significant risk. ANd stepping from dock to boat, however small the gap/step, was sketchy as hell. We stayed at a friend's house and were well taken care of.

We got power back last night and things have normalized at the Baker household. No broken pipes.

Thanks for the concern and we will see y'all next year! Hopefully y'all have a blast and look forward to the pictures.

Tonight is pizza night compliments of Very Slow Hand hopefully in the upstairs clubhouse and tomorrow night is Miss Watfa’s major feed on Gotcha on C dock, come hungry and thirsty.

The upstairs clubhouse has been secured for this evening. Adult beverage time starts at 6:00 pm with pizza arriving by 6:30 pm, hopefully.

Please put your cameras in airplane mode at the door. We don't need to be fueling Mr. RT's YouTube channel.

Ted

Ted, really? Discrimination against RT? Watch out.

We got power back last night and things have normalized at the Baker household. No broken pipes.

Glad to hear the crisis has been averted! One of the attendees asked about whether Wendy was going to be popping out of the pizza box again this year. My recollection is a little foggy on that from last year's pizza party. Was wondering if you could recall the specifics, or if Mr. RT had pictures to jog our memory.

Ted

Someone said they saw Wendy walking the dock today. She seemed happy to be rid of Baker. :)

Greetings,
Mr. B. I don't feel ANY sort of discrimination. After all, I can't fault anyone for attempting to guard their reputation...Can I?

Euj268eUYAg-NpF

RT none of us have much of a reputation. :)

Dear Pilou,
Thank you so very much for the wine! Here's to you and Oliver!

20210220_184557.jpg

Ted

Pilou we all enjoyed your gracious gift, the ladies are getting drunk and keep asking for Don. A pact was made by the ladies that this is their last trip unless Don shows up.

We are getting warmed up.

Thanks to all

Cheers to all the TFers joining together in Ft. Pierce on Gotcha!

Hopefully, there will be many more incriminating photos of the perps. We're counting on you guys! Don't let us down...

Attachments

• Rodholders.jpg
    Rodholders.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Cheers to all the TFers joining together in Ft. Pierce on Gotcha!

Hopefully, there will be many more incriminating photos of the perps. We're counting on you guys! Don't let us down...

Damn Al. Awesome setup. What are you fishing for?

I'm a sturgeon guy. If you look real close, you can see the Mothball Fleet in the background.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Reserve_Fleet

Here are a few pics I took flying overhead many years ago. Back then, we had 50+ ships at anchor. Last I set eyes on the fleet a year ago, it was down to 8 ships.

Attachments

• MBF2.jpg
    MBF2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 13
  • MBF1.jpg
    MBF1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
You are most welcome dear friends, we have not forgotten your warm and friendly welcome last year. Given our inability to travel overseas this year, we were happy to join in spirit through a little gift from France also as a gesture of friendship :). The wine comes from a winery close to the town where I was born.

Thank you for the lovely picture and your messages much appreciated. You look very happy, we trust that Irv and Watfa "ont mis les petits plats dans les grands" (French saying for "made a marvellous spread, offered a hearty meal") to please everyone aboard Gotcha.

Sadly Don was not able to join. He thought that his sciatica was getting better and had improved enough that he could make the trip back to Ft. Pierce, he tried to take a trip down but the result did not work out well at all.

So, let us think of him with a picture taken in Normandy 2 years ago when Olivier drove Don and Lou to the D-Day beaches, with a stop in a small village named after Don's family name, the place from where his family originally comes.

See you next year. Until that, take care and stay healthy !

All the best to all,

Pilou and Olivier

P.S. Al, you are lucky ! Oh yes the Mothball Fleet in the Suisun Bay, we have been there to see the old navy ships.

Attachments

• Don in Moon sur Elle.jpg
    Don in Moon sur Elle.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Papa Hemmingway asleep at the helm.

20210220_202952.jpg

Ted

Oh that’s right. I’m not a fisherman, but I like to eat ‘em.

Do you eat Sturgeon ?

Back
Top Bottom