2021 TF Gathering in SE FL: 02/17 - 02/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone bring bail money. :)

People just started receiving the Corona vaccine here in Sweden a little over a week ago. They are prioritizing, based on risk group. It seems I may not be vaccinated until June...and that one must wait 3-4 weeks after that for immunity to build up. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to FL for the TF event :-(

People just started receiving the Corona vaccine here in Sweden a little over a week ago. They are prioritizing, based on risk group. It seems I may not be vaccinated until June...and that one must wait 3-4 weeks after that for immunity to build up. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to FL for the TF event :-(

Smart way to play it Scott. About 1/3 of the US population have decided to continue on with social gatherings, while the other 2/3 are doing the best they can to social distance until the vaccine is available.

Smart way to play it Scott. About 1/3 of the US population have decided to continue on with social gatherings, while the other 2/3 are doing the best they can to social distance until the vaccine is available.

And Florida is a hotbed of Covid 19.

Absolutely positively DO NOT turn this into a covid thread!!!!!!!!

Absolutely positively DO NOT turn this into a covid thread!!!!!!!!

That was not doing so but simply stating a fact of current conditions in the state for those coming from elsewhere, following up on our Swedish friend. I'm equally against any debate on the subject, but the current conditions here are not a matter of controversy. I agree with you in not placing blame or discussing why or anything else.

That was not doing so but simply stating a fact of current conditions in the state for those coming from elsewhere, following up on our Swedish friend. I'm equally against any debate on the subject, but the current conditions here are not a matter of controversy. I agree with you in not placing blame or discussing why or anything else.

Agreed. And strongly recommending that those planning the get together and planning on attending take all necessary precautions. Once a few drinks are taken things tend to get a bit loose. (Unfortunately we have recent experiences of this and we're OK more by luck than judgement).

We will not be there due to current conditions. And right now not planning on the annual three month Bahamas cruise starting late Feb either.

Enjoy the meet and greet folks, and be safe.

Last edited:
If I could attend, I'd plan to rinse my esophagus frequently with alcohol...for medicinal purposes only, of course. Based upon past experiences, most fellow TFer's agree with this discipline.

If you're really good at it like me, no mask is required because no one will get within 6 ft/2M of you.

Supplies for the gathering

For those who like Flor De Cana rum, Florida WalMart liquor stores have made an institutional error in our favor.
The 1.5 liter bottle is priced at $21.84, the same price as the 750 ml bottle.
I observed this at three different stores over the past two weeks.
I will try to have some left to share with everyone. ;-)
We may be visiting by car, as we are in the process of replacing our starboard engine, and may not be done in time.
We are at Kennedy Point Marina in Titusville.
JohnS

For those who like Flor De Cana rum, Florida WalMart liquor stores have made an institutional error in our favor.
The 1.5 liter bottle is priced at $21.84, the same price as the 750 ml bottle.
I observed this at three different stores over the past two weeks.
I will try to have some left to share with everyone. ;-)
We may be visiting by car, as we are in the process of replacing our starboard engine, and may not be done in time.
We are at Kennedy Point Marina in Titusville.
JohnS

Were they the same age? I ask as Total shows the 1.75 liter of 4 year at $17.99 and $18.99 and the 750 of 7 year at $19.99 but the 750 of 4 year at $14.99.

Rum

This was the 4 year gold. It was the 1.75.
Looks like I have to find a Total somewhere.
ABC here wanted $32+ for the 1.75.
Thanks, John

This was the 4 year gold. It was the 1.75.
Looks like I have to find a Total somewhere.
ABC here wanted $32+ for the 1.75.
Thanks, John

It is not terribly uncommon for that price. I would not pass it up at that price. My suggestion to you would be to up your quality a bit and spring for the 7 year at about $10 more. There is a noticeable difference. But if you're cruising on a budget(and replacing an engine) the 4 year will totally satiate your desire for a decent rum to mix with your favorite mixer.

Also, there is a very real chance we will not be abke to make it....sadly. Wendy has been trying to get some surgery scheduled. And gettting "elective" surgery done during covid times has been a challenge. She was able to get it scheduled and it directly interferes with these dates. So unless something changes, we can't make it. Very bummed about that!

Sorry to announce. . . .

I’ve hit a little bump in life’s road. I have had an attack of sciatica that I have been dealing with since last July. The result is that I can’t make the gathering. What a bummer! I’ve always looked forward to the TF gathering. Needless to say, I am not very stable on my feet now.

Besides, Moonstruck is at the Huckin’s Yard in Jacksonville getting some badly needed upgrading. I don’t feel that I would be in shape to run her back to Fort Pierce. The next stop for Moonstruck will probably be taking her home to South Carolina.

Don

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that Don.

I don’t think Jewel and I will make it this year either unless we can vaccinated soon. Jewel says I need to get a vaccine before I travel anywhere, even though I told her the pink rum would surely keep any virus at bay. [emoji51]

Best of luck on your recovery Don. Both you,Lou, Baker and Wendy will be missed by the attendees..

Don very sorry to hear about your sciatica. Have a friend who suffers greatly from the associated pain. You, Lou, and Wendy will surely be missed, Baker.......well I guess Wendy has enough positives to cover them both. :rolleyes:

Ted

You, Lou, and Wendy will surely be missed, Baker.......well I guess Wendy has enough positives to cover them both. :rolleyes:

Ted

Hey I’ll Even take some negative press just to feel(un)wanted!!!������

Hi Don. As you and I discussed a few days ago you will be sorely missed mostly by the ladies, we will even have a pizza in your honor. Also we all can certainly live without Baker but Wendy not being there to guzzle the Flor de Cana is a terrible outcome.

On a serious note Watfa needs to start making cooking Sat night meal plans so I will need a count on who will be there for the Saturday night gala. Please chime in here so we can plan out meal. Jack (Steve) not going to be sharing a bed with Al? Damn, no stories this year.

I hope some new forum members can attend this year.

I know Ted and Scott will be at the function for sure. RT, isn’t this your year?

Thanks for the input guys, Watfa works hard to provide a great meal so letting her know who will attend will help her cooking.

Irv, this my year off from Al.. (reluctantly!) I will be at work for this one.. Sorry I'm going to miss it as I do every other year. Capt Al redeemed himself getting last years Air B and B digs.. Its the first one outside the Barrio! ...

Seriously, anyone who can make it and hasn't attended, its a great time! Ms Watfas' food...OMG ,worth the trip. Lots of nice people and hospitality from the over payed staff....Last year we didn't know how much our lives would change 2 weeks later...

Last edited:
Jack (Steve) it will not be the same without you. Where will be with you small boat this year?

Will have a PBR for you. ?

Don't count us out yet!!!

RT. Sorry on you being north (to damn cold up there) and I thought you were smarter than to mess with green monkeys (yellow and red are OK).

Steve. Four it is, you’ll be missed.

Baker great we all want to see Wendy (no seafood if she drags your ass along) and plenty of Flor de Cana and no green vodka.

Count me in Irv...had one COVID shot, second shot 2 days before the event so just barely bulletproof. Also let me know what you need up here before hand as I am fulltiming it here.

Hi Scott. I get my first Monday, not sure when they will schedule number 2.
Are you going to be alone this year?

Back
Top Bottom