Great Loop Rendezvous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
The AGLCA is having their fall rendezvous this week in Joe Wheeler State Park in NW Alabama.
Lots of trawlers here and more coming in. Interesting and diversified crowd. I think the smallest boat I have seen so far is about 26' and several are over 50'. Everything from sparkling new to 40 years old. Appears that most loopers either have completed it in about 10 months or are expecting to.
At this point we have no desire to do the loop but maybe some day we will.
We are enjoying the Tennessee River too much.

On our cruise up here from Texas. some of the people from this forum we truly will never forget and hope to run into again are Steve Willett whom my wife swears that his oranges from his yard saved her live during her long bout with a cold to Paul on Swampu and Chris and Eileen on last Tango. There are still others that we eventually connect with on our endless journey.

Our current plans are to leave here in early spring and head up to Kentucky Lake and then onto the Cumberland River and settle in for 2015.

Tony I hope to be heading down to Kentucky lake about this time next year, I'll be asking for marina information sometime next year. We also have very little desire to go anywhere other than the river system.

Great, we will be up that way somewhere.
We will keep in touch.
Are you retiring?

Been retired since 2010, my original plan was to head south this year but my water tank sprung a leak, it's a pretty major job to replace. Having the boat hauled this fall and blocked in the shop to have water tank replaced, bottom paint and new anodes. May have sanitation hoses replaced while the floor is out and a few other things that'll be easier to do then. Next spring I'am going to replace the radar arch and then I should be ready to head out for some cruising. Hope to see you down south next year.

Both of you try to stop in at Paris landing when you make your trip to Kentucky Lake .We will leave a light on .
Tony ,
My friends Tim and Pat Cass are at the rendezvous . They are on Bodacious , a 40 ft Bluewater trawler they brought I it's own keel from San Diego . Tell them Marty says hello . Have fun at the rendezvous .

We attended the AGLCA Rendezvous on our Great Loop trip in 2012.

There were at least 60 looping boats there, plus addition people attending who had either already completed the loop or were interesting in looping. There were presentations on sections of the loop coming up, seminars on technical topics, and vendor booths where you could get books, charts and guides that would be helpful on the trip. Also included were lunches, dinners, social events, and two days where boaters could open up there boats for others to tour. We met and shared knowledge with many of the boaters, and ran into some of them repeatedly on the trip.

I would highly recommend this for anyone doing this great adventure.

I've some friends on a 42' Ocean Alexander "Mara Beel" they are from Muscatine, Ia. and started doing the loop this fall. They'll be at Joe Wheeler if you see them say hello they are very nice couple with a beautiful boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom