Old 03-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #21
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Model: Helmsman 4304
My wife and I still work, but I am getting closer to pulling the rip cord and becoming a full time boat hobo. This Summer I plan on doing a month at our offshore islands. In the water, getting wet is the primary focus.
Fletcher500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #22
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Vessel Model: Monk 36
SWFL to Ottawa Canada via ICW, Hudson River, Erie Canal and Rideau Canal, then back via Champlain Canal. Leaving Friday if the enclosure is done. Kind of a half Great Loop but 4500ish miles.
1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in Cape May, NJ
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:36 PM   #23
Guru

We single female skippers have the same issue! That’s just the way things go, I guess :-(
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #24
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: There are actually quite a few sites targeting the singles crowd.

https://www.seacaptaindate.com/

https://www.lovesail.com/

https://thesinglesailor.com/

Boating Friends Date - Free Dating for Single Sailors & Boaters

https://boatingpassions.com/

Boaters Dating - Where Boater Singles & Boating Loving Singles Meet Online!

https://www.findcruisingpartners.com/

https://boatersingles.com/

I know nothing about any of these, but clearly there are a lot of boaters seeking partners.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #25
Guru

I am surprised!
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:50 PM   #26
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
There is a real possibility with all the flooding on the rivers. About all of the ones I’am familiar with that any long distance cruising will start after the middle of the year.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #27
Guru

Last year I was back onboard the boat in mid February. This year I’am still waiting for the flood waters to recede. The main problem is the marina lost water service because of construction on a new bridge across the river. The repairs can’t start until the water drops to 18’ on the gauge, 21.5’ now. It is projected to drop to 20’ on April 19th. I have 3 or 4 projects to do that should of been finished or well on the way by now.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #28
Guru

City: Guelph
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Model: 50` US Navy Utility trawler conversion
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Cruiser View Post
Last year I was back onboard the boat in mid February. This year I’am still waiting for the flood waters to recede. The main problem is the marina lost water service because of construction on a new bridge across the river. The repairs can’t start until the water drops to 18’ on the gauge, 21.5’ now. It is projected to drop to 20’ on April 19th. I have 3 or 4 projects to do that should of been finished or well on the way by now.
Where's your boat?
Jeff F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #29
Guru

Wifey B: Tomorrow we start north on our first major cruise of the year although we've put many miles on in FL and the Bahamas.

We're so looking forward to it as other things became priority and we didn't get to go to the Caribbean. Well, went for a week, but not on our boat. Will spend some time in SC and NC and then later to the Chesapeake. We're all so happy it's about to start. You'd think as much as we've cruised we wouldn't miss it so and wouldn't be so excited, but you'd be wrong.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #30
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
Where's your boat?

On the upper Mississippi 283 mm, about 70+ miles north of St. Louis, Missouri, 10 miles north of L&D #24.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:22 PM   #31
Guru

Wifey B i believe one reason I’am always excited to get back on the boat is the time spent away in the winter. I’ve always thought I was better off than boaters on the Great Lakes because I started a couple of months sooner than them. This year they can laugh at me still waiting. Have a great season.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:13 PM   #32
Guru

Quote:
Wifey B i believe one reason I’am always excited to get back on the boat is the time spent away in the winter. I’ve always thought I was better off than boaters on the Great Lakes because I started a couple of months sooner than them. This year they can laugh at me still waiting. Have a great season.
Wifey B: We boat year round but still love it.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #33
Guru

Still have flooding problems on the Mississippi. The marina had the utility company turn off power today. The bridge from the Missouri side to Illinois is going to be closed, the highway on the Illinois side may be closed at the levee. This flooding may rival 1993 if the rain continues. No dock water or power so no staying aboard the boat, I have to thank the marina for towing my center console to safety for the duration. I hope everyone else is having a great season or at least a better one than me.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #34
Guru

Quote:
Still have flooding problems on the Mississippi. The marina had the utility company turn off power today. The bridge from the Missouri side to Illinois is going to be closed, the highway on the Illinois side may be closed at the levee. This flooding may rival 1993 if the rain continues. No dock water or power so no staying aboard the boat, I have to thank the marina for towing my center console to safety for the duration. I hope everyone else is having a great season or at least a better one than me.
Wifey B: Just hope lives are protected and then as much property as possible. So many being hurt so badly.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #35

City: Watts Bar Lake, Tn River
Vessel Name: RedBoat
Vessel Model: MS 34T
Now on Old Hickory; starting the return trip to Knoxville on Sunday. It's only about 175 miles by Interstate Highway but about 820 river miles. I wanted to stop at Paducah, but the attendant couldn't tell me if the new city dock would be operating because the Ohio is at flood there. No place else to park so I'll take the Barkley-Kentucky canal. It's good.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #36
Guru

City: Seabrook, Texas
Vessel Name: Small World
Vessel Model: Defever 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJohn View Post
Now on Old Hickory; starting the return trip to Knoxville on Sunday. It's only about 175 miles by Interstate Highway but about 820 river miles. I wanted to stop at Paducah, but the attendant couldn't tell me if the new city dock would be operating because the Ohio is at flood there. No place else to park so I'll take the Barkley-Kentucky canal. It's good.
That’s a great trip. We’re at Fort Loudon now, leaving in a couple of weeks for Old Hickory.

Where’s your home port?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #37
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJohn View Post
Wifey B: 820 miles of pleasure vs 175 miles of whateva'.

I read today they think the Mississippi will remain flooded until mid June.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #38
Guru

Wifey B: We've been enjoying Annapolis and the Chesapeake. Went to Baltimore and saw the Orioles actually beat the Red Sox. Then the itinerary calls for the Potomac to Washington and the Delaware to Philadelphia.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #39
Guru

City: Madisonville, LA
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Vessel Model: 2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Well, our original plan was to head out memorial day weekend for Orange Beach and stay gone about 10 days. We were planning to leave the boat there somewhere and come home and drive back on weekends through the month of June into July.
Our new canvas has been delayed a bit though. We are bringing the boat Monday to the detailer and it should be there for 1.5-2 weeks. Still have to get the new satellite dome installed when it comes back and the new anchor which means figuring out the chain situation.
So we’ve thrown the plan out the window and will just play it by ear.
Sigh...such is life.
Star0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #40
Guru

I was finally able to get the boat for a few days to clean up and get tools and parts sorted to start on projects on July 10. We even took the boat out for a short cruise up river. The water dropped off the seawall sidewalk yesterday, marina has done a lot work repairing flood damage but still has a lot to do.