M.S. Passi, scale 1;20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pascall

Vessel Name
Passi
Vessel Make
Hand made Barkas
Hello,

After building our ship, M.S. Passi, scale 1:1 I built the ship again scale 1:20.
The model is built from the same building plans as the real ship.
Also as the materials, paint, wood, antifouling are identical to the real ship.
Where we built 3 years over the real ship, the model took 7 years.:LOL:
I'm curious, are there still people who have recreated their ship in model?

Greeting

Pascal.

zegI5g1.jpg

S3sM7Y3.jpg

eehsyLf.jpg

Very nice but if I did that it would likely never get done. Good work.

At one time Lloyd’s required a model to be made before insuring a vessel. Have a friend who collects those. Many of them are available for viewing at the New Bedford whaling museum. He explained the work involved to loft them after scaling down the size and the meticulous work involved in building them.
So my hat is off to you. Curious as to how many hours it took?

Very nice but if I did that it would likely never get done. Good work.

Ha! Beautiful model, but I had exactly the same thought. A somewhat older colleague lost a beloved dog some time ago and when he bought the new one, he said to me "Well, I got another Brittany, probably my last dog." I wasn't sure what he meant at first, but then I realized -- if a dog lives say 12-15 (on the far end) he was thinking his new dog would likely outlive him. I'm not quite there yet but when I looked at that model I thought, I wouldn't have enough time left...

I can't even keep up with the projects on my full size boat, much less do a model.

Does this imply that everything is 100% on your full size boat?

pete

I like it!

Have been looking for model kits of my boat, but alas, it's not a Grand Banks (lots of those), but like most here, I'm too busy with working on the boat to think about a custom model.

Nice work - :)

Wow, very nice! You built that from scratch? Thoroughly impressed.

Hello

Yes the model has been scratch built from the original drawings of the real ship.
The drawings are scale 1:20 so I could take over everything 1 on 1 for building the model.
The model is built with plywood.
The nice thing was that applying the first skin plates was quite difficult because of the shape in the plates, this was also a challenge with the real ship.

Pascal.

At one time Lloyd’s required a model to be made before insuring a vessel. Have a friend who collects those. Many of them are available for viewing at the New Bedford whaling museum. He explained the work involved to loft them after scaling down the size and the meticulous work involved in building them.
So my hat is off to you. Curious as to how many hours it took?

Hello.

That's a good question, I really don't know.
We built the real ship for 3 years, before and after the permanent job.
The model was built when I felt like it, it also lay still for several years.
After an operation, I was in the sickness law for two months and I finished the model.
It's in the living room under a glass case and I can dream away when I look at the model.
Many images come up, the building of the real ship and the many beautiful trips that we have already been able to make.

Greeting

Pascal.

I can't even keep up with the projects on my full size boat, much less do a model.

Does this imply that everything is 100% on your full size boat?

pete

Hello,

Yes, everything is built to scale similar to the real boat, related to a data.
There have been small changes made to the real ship over the years, these have not been made to the model.

Greeting

Pascal.

Back
Top Bottom