Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Matt - Misconception that I [maybe others too] had was that SOLSTICE is in a boat yard for a relatively simple lift and then dunk. Not the BIG effort and therefore BIG $$$ it takes that you mention.

I'm still wondering about the $500 slip???

Best luck in all your doings as you move toward Splash! :dance:

Yes the boat is in a boatyard however there is nothing here. Its basically a hardstand area with a slip that solstice is too heavy for. When i say shes done and when I’m ready i will move her out of the shed into an area that the crane can lift her up from the jinker shes on and into the water in one lift.

Hey Hendo, Firstly good choice on anchor, I've been using a EXCEL for a few years with 100% success, I bought it to replace the dodgy DC anchor I bought from whitworths trying to save a few bucks, the DC was terrible and resetting. Another thing to think of is insurance, a lot of marinas wont lift you without insurance, and most insurance companies won't insure without a survey. I've been following your build for years, and in those years I've owned 2 boats, done 800 engine hours and drank 10,000 beers :) I'm looking forward to seeing posts of you being on the water doing the same, and enjoying your boat

Ok, it's been a month without Solstice info. I am getting the DTs.

Ok, it's been a month without Solstice info. I am getting the DTs.

I too am a bit worried.
1. put the boat in the water and it turned turtle.
2. put the boat in the water and ran away from home(US)?

Hope all os okay... has anyone heard anything?

Don't worry, he did not like his paint job and decided to start from scratch with another boat :D

L

I'll bet Matt has plenty of better things to do other then keep us in TF amused all the time.

Do hope all is OK in his life!

Blame Covid-19. West Australia has even tighter lockdown rules than we do here in Queensland. It may well have interefered with progress, because working on your boat is not considered an essential activity - not yet anyway, but we're close to a relaxation, we've all been so good... :D

Brother Matt... You and Felicity OK?? Hope all is well!

Looking forward to hear from you again.

Your friend - Art

:speed boat:

We have never heard the definition of “essential” but, if Matt wants to work on his boat, it is essential he drive to the boat shed.
Strip clubs have been not determined to be essential but, grocery stores and liquor store have been deemed essential. After 4 months, I was able to get a hair cut and beard trim.
What surprised me was, West Marine and other boat parts stores and hardware stores have been deemed ‘essential’ because they service first responders such as USCG. It appears we boat owners’ can still spend money. LOL

Australia may (touch wood) have handled Covid better than some so far, but a lot of people are out of work, not always with Govt support. It hits people differently,some of us really went to ground. Let`s hope all is well.

Still no update it to be sad we went this far together and might know how it ended.. Is anybody had any contact?

Hi Team,
Apologies for the extended absence. I appreciate the messages. I have had a lot going on both professionally with this COVID-19 and personally which has almost ceased the progression on SOLSTICE to date. When I know more I'll be sure to post again and hopefully pick up from where I left off

Hope you're all well

Regards
Matt

Go well Matt. Stay focussed on the important things in life, stay safe.

Hi Team,
Apologies for the extended absence. I appreciate the messages. I have had a lot going on both professionally with this COVID-19 and personally which has almost ceased the progression on SOLSTICE to date. When I know more I'll be sure to post again and hopefully pick up from where I left off

Hope you're all well

Regards
Matt

Matt my mate

Very, Very Pleased to see you post! Take your time making decisions.

My energy to you!... Art

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Glad to learn the boat did not fall on you.

Good to see you about Mate.
Things are pretty tough at the moment.
My work in WA dried up with the border closures but all for a good cause.
Hope you are hanging in there and staying safe.
cheers
Benn

iu

Good to have some news!
You see how much people here care about you!!!

Take care.

L

I am hoping that the distressing Police Action video and any resultant issues, as noted on your personal YouTube channel, is not what is causing you to distance yourself from the forum. Those police dogs were scary.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

I am hoping that the distressing Police Action video and any resultant issues, as noted on your personal YouTube channel, is not what is causing you to distance yourself from the forum. Those police dogs were scary.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Just to clarrify, those videos are from CCTV footage of an offender that was arrested out the front of my old house, not footage of me. I dont want anyone getting the wrong impression from your comments thinking it was me.

Just to clarrify, those videos are from CCTV footage of an offender that was arrested out the front of my old house, not footage of me. I dont want anyone getting the wrong impression from your comments thinking it was me.
I haven't a clue what's been going on but I wish the best for you.

I haven't a clue what's been going on but I wish the best for you.

Nothing was going on mate. Just some lowlife was breaking in to houses and a police dog took him down out the front of my place. The CCTV footage from my cameras was funny so I popped it up online.

So I will ask the question that burns everybody's tongue: how is going Solstice? :)

Joke apart nice to see everything is going fine. This is kinda like a soap opera on TF, everybody wants to know what will happen next lol

L

Back
Top Bottom