Benmar AP-2030 Multi-Fuel Heaters (Warm Air) - Need Wiring Diagram Harness Controls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DieselTrawlerGuy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
M/V Exit Plan
Vessel Make
1978 Cheoy Lee 46' LRC
Hello to all;

I'm kind of new to posting on this forum so I hope I'm posting in the correct area of it.

A while ago I purchased two brand new old stock Benmar AP-2030 24 volt 20,000 btu forced air heaters. I was told that these were used on the M1A1 tanks and other heavy vehicles. Sorry, I don't have a tank (don't I wish) but am hoping to install them in a 38' boat that I'm rebuilding from the hull up. Since the boat has a diesel engine I wanted diesel fired heat. Various "experts" claim that I will need up to 30,000+ btu's for heat, which I doubt, hence the reason I have purchased and am going to install two of the 20,000btu units. My intent is to install them so that I can run either one or both at the same time, hence giving me more than enough capacity and the all important redundancy that I prefer.

So, my question is, does any on this forum have any wiring diagrams or know of where I can get them? Or alternatively does anyone know if the wiring diagram for a CP-3050 Benmar water heater is the same? Additionally, does anyone know where to buy the wiring harnesses? Or where to buy the connectors that go on the wiring harnesses? Or where to buy the control boxes or obtain a wiring schematic for one. I'm able to build most anything for my boat as long as I have a diagram or something to work from.

Any and all help, information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DieselTrawlerGuy

Back
Top Bottom