Old 01-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #1

City: Southern California
Vessel Model: 42 Californian LRC
Wash Down pump

Hi all -

New partner in a 42 LRC and just getting familiar with her. Looking forward to learning from this forum.

Question regarding washdown.....I see a spigot under the windlass but is there any other good spot to add a saltwater wash down? Is there one more aft that I am missing?

Anyone add a frsh water washdown/rinse off station in Stern?

Thanks.....first of many questions I am sure...

Damon
Damer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Welcome!

Little confused. The spigot draws from salt water to rinse mud and stuff off your anchor, rode and could be used on the deck.

I have an another spigot on the stern. The issue with fresh water is that you are taking it off your water tank, thus less water for you and your crew for coffee and showers.
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:15 PM   #3

City: Southern California
Vessel Model: 42 Californian LRC
Thanks for the reply......I get the spigot at the anchor. But we plan on doing a lot of fishing and diving. My previous boat had a hose (saltwater) in the stern that we used constantly to rinse fish blood and scales off. It also had a outside shower that we were able to lather and rinse the kids off with, which ultimately replaced the need to showering in the head later. So the water usage was sort of a wash, no pun intended ��.

Where is your Stern spigot located? I cannot seem to find an ideal place that I could run a water line too.

DD
Damer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard. Nice boat. We almost bought one back in 2001.
Comodave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:09 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: MX, thru Canal to Bahamas
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: 50' Beebe Passagemaker
Our last boat had a fresh water shower head w/ flexible hose in the rear transom. Stand on the swim step and wash off. I wouldn't have it any other way.
slowgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #6
Guru

City: Between Oregon and Alaska
Vessel Name: Charlie Harper
Vessel Model: Wheeler Shipyard 83'
On current and previous boats I had fresh and salt water available on both ends. When I use to dive, I had a instant hot water tank and shower on the stern. Lots of fisherman do that. In the past I had salt water fixed nozzles to spray the chain and anchor. Haven't got to it yet on this boat.
Lepke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:03 PM   #7
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damer419 View Post
Where is your Stern spigot located? I cannot seem to find an ideal place that I could run a water line too.

DD
Here is a pic of mine. It has all three. City water connection, out door shower (fresh water) and you can see the spigot right under the gage.

If you are going to install a wash down spigot, first find out where your through hull valve is located. Then find the pump. Install a "T" after the pump and run Pex pipe to the stern. Install spigot, and water line.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8969.jpg  
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #8
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I have bow and cockpit washdowns that share the same pump on my 34 LRC. The aft hose connects via spigot under the ladder. I also mounted a recessed cannister at the bow for the anchor/pulpit washes and occasional water fights. I think the run between the two is about 28-30 ft with 1/2 inch line. It works fine for a washdown but makes a crappy water cannon for summertime CA Delta water fights. A bigger line would solve that problem. I like the recessed can look and function but not all boats can accommodate one. (I'll look for pics.)

I have a separate freshwater hose on the port side but don't have a freshwater inlet hose connection. I use this hose spigot with a pressure regulator to supply city water from the dock.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote