Old Stewart Warner Tachometers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DBoat

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Layla
Vessel Make
1979 34' Californian LRC
Vintage Stewart Warner Tachometers

I just replaced all of my Tachometers with new ones and I have the original Vintage tachometers available for sale. I also have the original Vintage Auto Meter 701 two-wire sender as well. These were all working when I removed them and were connected to a Perkins T6.354 MGT Diesel.

Even though I liked the look of the originals I couldn't find the them anymore. The previous owner had replaced the Port engine's tachs with incompatible alternator types which did not work with the sender they installed and they didn't match these originals on the starboard engine.

Anyone interested in making an offer? It would be great to pay for my upgrade, which was about $300. I think these are pretty valuable since they are in great working order and are very rare. I am offering these on the TF before I put up on Ebay.

Attachments

• 2020-12-29_15-22-21_242.jpg
    2020-12-29_15-22-21_242.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 2020-12-29_15-22-41_184.jpg
    2020-12-29_15-22-41_184.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Do you have a second sending unit for the other engine?

No, that had already been replaced with a Stewart Warner 3-wire 8 pulse sender. I bought another one to replace the 701 and bought the compatible Tach gauges to go with it. They work great now and everything matches.

I've got Original SW gages on my 1977 but wonky alternators versions. If I could find another reliable sender, I might be interested. I hate the alternator sense versions like I have since one lack accuracy and the other drops when the alt has little-to-no load.

I also have oil pressure gages with the capillary tubes. I already bought the electrical SW versions but have not installed them yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom