Exhaust manifold and risers for my 3208 210 hp NA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edward14

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dreadnought
Vessel Make
1981 34' Californian Sport Fisher/Trawler
Hello all I need to find some new exhaust manifolds and risers for my 3208 210 hp NA I need them in San Diego asap dose anyone know a good place to find them and idea of the cost of those items.

Thanks,

Replaced mine a few months ago. The part numbers (eg. 8L3458) are stamped on the sides of the risers. The left and right risers have different part numbers. I ordered them from my local Cat shop in West Sacramento. Cost was about $1,000 each. Don’t forget to order proper gaskets and “spray rings”. My total cost was about $4,500 for two 3208 naturals (four risers).

Greenwater Marine

I replaced the cast iron risers on our CAT 3208 210hp NA's with Stainless Steel risers from Greenwater Marine 5 years ago and have been extremely pleased with the results. They can make them either water jacketed or dry blanketed. After much discussion I went with the dry blanketed with water injection at the top of the riser right at the shower head. No longer have any zincs to replace and greatly reduces the chance of major engine issues developing if the water jacket fails.

I found the company to be great to work with and they know exactly what they are making as they needed no template and the risers fit perfectly to engines and existing hoses. Highly recommended.

If I can find some before and after pictures tonight I'll post them.
Tim

ditto for the greenwater marine SS dry risers. I replaced the 4 risers on my LRC 34 last year, they are a far superior design than the original cat design. Fast delivery, no fitting issues, cheaper than buying oem risers, and a great company to deal with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom