Old 08-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Deerfield Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Morning Star
Vessel Model: 1985 43' Californian CPMY
43' CPMY Californian Owner

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to Trawlerforum.com and, as an owner of a 43 CPMY Californian, I'm thrilled to see an owner's forum for Californians. This is actually my second Californian; I owned a 1983 34' LRC for five years previously. I love Californians and believe they are excellent designs by J. Marshall.

I also love 3208 CAT naturals, which both boats have. I've had my 43 for almost three years now and keep it in SE Florida where I live. I've cruised her to the Abacos in the Bahamas and she is just a great Bahamas boat.

If there are any other 43 owners out there, please let me know. I would love to trade information with you.

Karl
Karl-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Guru

City: PNW
Vessel Model: 1976 Californian Tricabin LRC
Welcome aboard Karl

It's always nice to see another happy Californian owner join the forum. I have a 1976 37' Californian which I have owned since new and I'm on the opposite side of the continent in Anacortes, Wa. I'm not aware of any 43's on here, but we do have quite a few "lurkers" who don't say much unless jolted. So there is hope for that.

Best of luck
Larry B
Edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

City: Deerfield Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Morning Star
Vessel Model: 1985 43' Californian CPMY
Thanks for the welcome Larry.

When I started my search for a 43 Californian, I actually ran across a half dozen right here in Florida. I learned that back many years ago there was a Californian dealership in Jacksonville, FL, so I guess they brought many of them to FL. There are even more 34 Californians down here as well as other models.

Karl
Karl-FL is offline   Reply With Quote