34 Californian Anchor Locker Drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
The recent discussion on another thread about anchor locker drains made me think about mine...or my lack of one.* My locker has no drain overboard and has no drain to the bilge.* It is glassed and watertight.* I've never had a problem with this even though I anchor quite often but wondered if others have anchor drains?* If not, have you added one or had any problems?

FlyWright wrote:
*I anchor quite often but wondered if others have anchor drains?* If not, have you added one or had any problems?

Hey Al

Same thing in my 37 Cali, glassed in, but no drain?? *So the end of the chain always sat in salt water and corroded. *When I had my ground tackle replated, I took the opportunity to drill a 1/2" hole, put a fitting and hose on it and into the bilge. *No problems since.

Larry B

Don't have a drain in mine either; I haven't noticed any smells, nor seen any mold, etc, We use an all chain rode in our 34 LRC. Since I have to access the locker this winter to untangle the chain, I may go ahead & put a drain in. Not sure I want to drain into bilge tho'; guess this will have to be another winter boat project (beats working on the garage).

Back
Top Bottom