"Roll Call" For Gourmet Cruisers and Island Gypsies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice ?. Look at all that space!

Last edited:
Nice! The IG44 is a handsome beast, be it aft cabin or cockpit. The proportions, or the sheer, or something, they just look good, and solid.

We like this boat because it has "short stairs"

Two steps up from the entry to the aft deck, 4 steps down from the aft deck to the salon, 4 steps up to fly bridge, and 4 steps down from salon to forward and aft cabins. You never have this "ladder" to deal with.

Very nice, here's my 81 101_0283.JPG

Putting her through her paces

It's nice to get out there and use the old girl instead of just working on her all the time. As an added bonus, you get to find out why they call them the leaky teaky ?.
I took her on a trip through Port Phillip Bay in Victoria, Australia and out into Bass Strait. On the way across the bay I had pretty strong winds and head-on seas. My hatch over my bed in the fore cabin leaked, as did the windows in the same cabin. This caused all my bedding to get wet and my new mattress too, not to mention the carpeted walls and part of the floor. Oh, and I also found that I have a leak at the brow too - I think the hinge to the centre window at the lower helm.
A video below for those with the time and / or inclination.

https://youtu.be/ZhzX60MqTR8

Last edited:
What a find!

I couldn't believe my luck when I came across a couple of old bound folders amongst the junk when I cleaned up after purchasing Markeeta a year ago. Today I was looking at the Lehman service manual contained in one of the folders, when something caught my eye - hidden in a semi secret sleeve. Original documents in perfect condition:

Welcome docs with Mark Halvorsen's personal phone details written inside.
IMG_7809.jpg

My warranty and dealer card with cabin layout selection
IMG_7801.jpg

What appears to be an original architectural drawing of the rudder and prop sections of the IG30 (presumed same as the IG32) from 1976.
IMG_7802.jpg

The fifth anniversary "Island Gypsy News"
IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

I thought some of you may like to read the magazine.

It's great when you find a treasure chest of vintage material.

⚓

Thanks for the blast from the past. Very cool you found that stuff from 1980. Since my IG44 is a 1979, the pics are right on.

This is our ‘83 44’ Flush Aft Deck
IMG_0104.jpg

She looks beautiful. More photos please ?⚓

I see you have a nice hardtop on there, perfect for solar!

This might be of interest to IG owners, it`s a 2009 Halvorsen 34 Broadwater. Currently for sale, the owner,who I know, gets bored easily with his boats:
0_4.jpg

Immaculate,like all his boats, all of which he names "Giago". It means "a nonconformist who does their own thing in a strange way". (Tick)
Very similar to a Gourmet Cruiser.

Something I just learned,in 1977 Halvorsen were the Australian Distributors of Grand Banks. ("Gee, I think we could build something like that......")

Immaculate,like all his boats, all of which he names "Giago". It means "a nonconformist who does their own thing in a strange way". (Tick)
Very similar to a Gourmet Cruiser.

I like it. ?

roll call it is !!! now that we are OWNERS of this 1988 IG 36 ....absolutely love it. New to this Trawler lifestyle/adventure but are sure looking forward to it. here are some pics of the old girl soon to be named "Koa Kai".

Attachments

• num seven.JPG
    num seven.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 13
  • num six.JPG
    num six.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
  • num ten.JPG
    num ten.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20221015_133618.jpg
    20221015_133618.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 13
  • num four.JPG
    num four.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 12
  • num seventeen.JPG
    num seventeen.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 16
  • num twente one.JPG
    num twente one.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
  • num eight.JPG
    num eight.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 19
  • num eighteen.JPG
    num eighteen.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 50
Looks fantastic

roll call it is !!! now that we are OWNERS of this 1988 IG 36 ....absolutely love it. New to this Trawler lifestyle/adventure but are sure looking forward to it. here are some pics of the old girl soon to be named "Koa Kai".

Welcome Harleydude. Gonna have to change your name now to Gypsydude! She looks beautiful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom