Old 08-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
"New" Island Gypsy?

I received this from the marketers of the Island Gypsy brand of motor cruisers. It`s coming from Brett Flanagan who was involved selling the Integrity brand in Australia. It borrowed heavily from IG designs, I know, I`ve got one. Integrity is now part of Whitehaven Yachts, I`m guessing Brett Flanagan isn`t part of Whitehaven.

https://mailchi.mp/3779a8e8dac2/intr...s?e=914dada159
I think it`s a relaunch of a relaunch, it`s not the first time I`ve seen these boats promoted. I imagine they are being built somewhere in Asia, were they built in Australia they`d say so.
Whether they really represent the previous IG genre is a matter for interpretation. One of the boats has, to me, a touch of Halvorsen in the design, from the original single deck boats built 1940-1960.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:53 PM   #2

City: Port Hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
I received this from the marketers of the Island Gypsy brand of motor cruisers. It`s coming from Brett Flanagan who was involved selling the Integrity brand in Australia. It borrowed heavily from IG designs, I know, I`ve got one. Integrity is now part of Whitehaven Yachts, I`m guessing Brett Flanagan isn`t part of Whitehaven.

https://mailchi.mp/3779a8e8dac2/intr...s?e=914dada159
I think it`s a relaunch of a relaunch, it`s not the first time I`ve seen these boats promoted. I imagine they are being built somewhere in Asia, were they built in Australia they`d say so.
Whether they really represent the previous IG genre is a matter for interpretation. One of the boats has, to me, a touch of Halvorsen in the design, from the original single deck boats built 1940-1960.
From their website:
Constructed to meticulous spec at the purpose-built factory in Guangzhou, under the watchful eye of many of the original management and craftspeople involved in building Island Gypsy boats, and not far from the original Island Gypsy facility, the brand comprises two model lines, Newport and Classic.
John R M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 01:50 AM   #3
Guru

New Series IG 40 spotted!

I`m posting this website link because I actually saw a new series IG40 on the water in Sydney yesterday, in Pinta Bay off Jerusalem Bay. We took a pic of it picking up a mooring as we were leaving, but the website pics are way better than ours. So it`s a reality, the IG continues, albeit in new form, under the direction of ex Integrity guy, Brett Flanagan, in Queensland.

https://igboats.com.au/
Old 04-30-2022, 11:44 PM   #4
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Light years away from the original Island Gypsy design.That's both good and bad I suppose.

"Constructed to meticulous spec at the purpose-built factory in Guangzhou, under the watchful eye of many of the original management and craftspeople involved in building Island Gypsy boats".

Gee that's a pretty old workforce given they started producing the IG line in the late 1970's.

Below are some of the original workforce.

And!

involved in building Island Gypsy boats, and not far from the original Island Gypsy facility,

These new boats are built in Guangzhou, the original IG's were built in Hong Kong at Joseph Kong's Hang Hua boat yard.

You may note a slight degree of acerbic comment in this post, however I have been laid up for the past week with this bloody awful flu and it makes me less amiable to 'puff' pieces from PR types.
Attached Thumbnails
Scan_20220501.jpg  
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:11 AM   #5
Guru

Andy,I`d guess the yard is Jiang Hua which built the later IGs and builds Integrity(based on the IG moulds). I`d also guess the IG name was somehow available, the Integrity brand had gone to Whitehaven, so done deal.

No flu here but a tad acerbic anyway. Trust you are better soon.